Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with First Progress Needed...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with First Progress Needed...

I have 1 late baddie on a old secured First Progress card that has been paid in full and closed for over a year now. The one late occured because I simply forgot to pay it. I was all of 2 days late on my payment and they allowed zero grace. 

I have sent numerous goodwill letters to the only address I could find for them with a google search ( PO Box in Johnson City, TN ) but no luck. I continue to get the standard "we cannot fulfill your request to amend your credit files" letters in response. 

Does anyone have any other address for First Progress they've had luck with that they could PM me?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with First Progress Needed...

When you say 2 days late, do you mean it was due 12/1 and you paid on 12/3? If so they can't report it as late unless it's at least 30 days late, 12/31 using these made up dates.
Message 2 of 4
djpolo
New Contributor

have you had any success with them? this is the only thing hampering me on my report is 3 late payments showing from them? It was a secured card that I let go when I lost my job

PayPal MC: $8k | Marvel: $8k | Walmart Store: $6k | GameStop: $350 | Victoria Secret: $350 | Overstock: $2.4k | Kohls: $700 | AMEX BCE: $1.5k | BOA (99/Secured): $500 | Discover IT (Secured): $1k | Cap One (Secured): $1k | Wells Fargo: $1k | Citi (Secured): $500 | Lowes: $12k | Cap One QS1:
$500

Current Scores: 3/7/17 EX: 706 TU: 697 EQ: 674
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 1 late baddie on a old secured First Progress card that has been paid in full and closed for over a year now. The one late occured because I simply forgot to pay it. I was all of 2 days late on my payment and they allowed zero grace. 

I have sent numerous goodwill letters to the only address I could find for them with a google search ( PO Box in Johnson City, TN ) but no luck. I continue to get the standard "we cannot fulfill your request to amend your credit files" letters in response. 

Does anyone have any other address for First Progress they've had luck with that they could PM me?

Thanks in advance!

Hi TX2CA2017,

Was the only issue with this account that it contains 1 late payment?  Also, as another member asked, was this account 30 days late?  If not 30 days late, then it cannot be reported as a 30 day late and should be disputed.  You did not mention, but was this a collection account? Or an account that you closed out after paying in full?

Lastly, how long has it been since that late was recorded on your credit report(s)?

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.