Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with GW Letters Please

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Help with GW Letters Please

Dear forum members,

I have had no luck with the following companies with the numerous GW letters I have sent.

1.  Wells Fargo CC - have an open secured CC account with them with one 30 day late from 2 years ago. 

2.  U.S. Airways CC - current open cc account with one 30 day late from 2 years ago (this is Barclays bank). 

3.  Target CC - closed and charged off cc account that I have paid in full.

4.  Hooters CC - closed and charged off cc account that I have paid in full.

These 4 companies keep sending me the same response of "information is reporting correctly and they are required to report accurate information."

Has anyone had any luck with these 4?  If so, please PM me with the information and how you had success.  Thank you.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with GW Letters Please

Bump

Message 2 of 5
inthematrix
Regular Contributor

Keep sending out letters. You just need to get it in the hands of the right person, and that will take trial and error. Use one of the online services that list contact information for management & executives and pick out a different one to write each month. You never know when you'll get lucky.

Starting Score 7/5/10: 498 (EQ)
Current Score 659 (EQ) 699 (EX) 712 (TU)
Goal Score: 700 (for now)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
John060675
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to give a quick update.  Just had success with Wells Fargo after sending at least 60 GW letters to them.  In fact, I sent so many that I received a letter a couple months ago that stated that they would not respond to any more of my letters.

Well, they gave up first!  They agreed to remove the baddie from my account.  For those who are having the same issue with them, do not give up!  Here is the address that proved successful.

Wells Fargo Card Services

P.O. Box 14517

Des Moines, IA  50306-3517

I did not address the letter to anyone in particular, just to "Dear Sir or Madam".

Armed with the success and euphoria I have sent out another volley of GW letters to the three I still cannot crack (Hooters, US Airways, and Target)

Message 4 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  I just did a round of two GW letters today.  I have a bunch of medical collections that are all paid being reported by local collection agencies.  I've had no luck so far and thought I'd just give up, but decided to take your attitude.  Kill em w/ kindness!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.