Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Goodwill for Credit Cards

tag
quicksilver185
Valued Member

Help with Goodwill for Credit Cards

Hi evevryone I am fairly new to myfico.com I am looking for some advice about credit card late payments. I have several credit cards which I had fallen behind on the payments for a few months but since have payed them all up to date. I do still however have a balance on all of the cards. I have several 120 day late pays on three of the cards and the other two have 90 day late. I have two questions the first is it worth sending out goodwill letters to attempt to have the late pays removed from my CR while I am still carrying a balance on the card? The second question would it be more beneficial to my FICO score to pay all the cards off at  one time or continue to make payments over the next year or so to build a good paymeny history? And all of the cards have been closed by issuer.

Starting Score: 409 2/1/2011
Current Score: Equifax 559 12/1/2011 TransUnion 569 12/1/2011
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Goodwill for Credit Cards

The cards were closed?  So they were COed?  I don't think you can GW for removal of a CO, you have to do a PFD.

Message 2 of 4
quicksilver185
Valued Member

The accounts still exist with credit cards companies, however I am no longer able to charge anything to the account. They were not charged off. They still show up as revolving accounts with a current status on my CR's. They just have a history of late payments as I described in my first post.

Starting Score: 409 2/1/2011
Current Score: Equifax 559 12/1/2011 TransUnion 569 12/1/2011
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd GW them now. I can't see any downside for doing so. Now some creditors like to see a positive history netween those lates and now, so if they say now, they might say yes down the road. Per the balance, I'd PIF ASAP. FYI, closed CCs showing a balance and a CL will still factor into util, so you'd have to keep that in mind as the balance hits $0.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.