cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Incorrect Reporting of 30 Days Late

tag
jmattingly85

Help with Incorrect Reporting of 30 Days Late

I have a card that is closed that is showing up as current status of 30 days late when the balance was paid in September of 2007! I've tried to dispute with the CRA and the company and they say it is correct. Any thoughts on this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help with Incorrect Reporting of 30 Days Late

Welcome to the forums.

Has it always reported like that or is it recent?

If it is paid and closed current status should say paid, worst delinquency should state 30 days late.

Message 2 of 7
jmattingly85

I believe it is recent. Until I pulled my report from this site, I kept seeing that my most recent negative was .7 years ago and could not figure out what it was. The report from here states that the current status is 30 days past due. The worst delinquency (again, from here at least) doesn't say anything.

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Have you pulled your reports from annualcreditreport.com?  You get a free one from each CRA every 12 months.  I would get those reports and see what is on them.

Message 4 of 7
jmattingly85

Okay I will do that. Thanks so much for your help!

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Does the balance on the account show $0?  Unless they sold the debt, which apparently is not the case, then reporting of $0 signifies satisfaction of the debt, which is contrary to reporting a current delinquency status.  I dont see a justifiable verification of accuracy if you are sure it is being shown as a current delinquency status

Did you file both a dispute with the CRA and a direct dispute with the creditor?

If so, the dispute process is at an end.  I would then suggest a call to a management official in their reporting department, asking as to how a closed account with no debt can currrently be delinquent.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.