Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Medical Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Medical Collections

Can someone please advise me on what to do in regards to getting 3 medical collections off my CR.   All 3 are Merchants Credit Association totalling $1,785.00 and date back to 2013.   

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Medical Collections

Are they paid collections?  If not, do you have the money to pay?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They unpaid. I don't not the full amount.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the laws for your state concerning medical billing, in my case, I was uninsured and in California they can not charge you outrageous medical bills when you make certain income and they all got taken off CR, also dispute, write goodwill letter to creditor or even contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as a last resort (I had to do this for another account) if you have a good excuse.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone please advise me on what to do in regards to getting 3 medical collections off my CR.   All 3 are Merchants Credit Association totalling $1,785.00 and date back to 2013.   

Before doing anything google the HIPAA Letter Process follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me.
Message 5 of 7
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Research (the forum) on Pay-to-delete and Goodwill letters. Those are great steps to get them either knocked down or off of your report, or both.

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

I would first try and get the amount correct if you think there is a problem with it, welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.