Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Medical Collections

tag
mojo_ny
New Contributor

Help with Medical Collections

My wife has 4 medical collections on her reports. The OC is not reporting. Is there a letter I can send to the OC with payment that will ask/insure that If they cash my payment they will recall the debt from the collector? I am not sure if the Collector is just collecting or if the debt was sold. I have also heard about some hippa process to accomplish recalling the debt back to the OC. But that seems complicated and I was not sure that sending something to the OC first would prevent me from trying that if the OC refused. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Starting Score: 603 - EQ, 534 - TU, 669 - EX FAKO
Current Score: 647- EQ, 534 - TU,669 - EX FAKO, 674 TU FAKO
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Help with Medical Collections

The Hippa process only work with paid medical accounts, You can call the hospital/doctors office and ask if they are willing to pull back the accounts. If they won't do it then  you will need to pay the CA. You can offer the CA, PFD or PIF. If PIF then I would send GW Letters. 

DaBears

Message 2 of 10
mojo_ny
New Contributor

If I pay the OC is there a way to word it in writing that I am only paying (don't cash this payment) unless they actually recall the debt? I know I called and the customer service rep said well I can accept payment FOR the Collection Agency. That is not what I want as the CA will continue to report.

Message 3 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@mojo_ny wrote:

If I pay the OC is there a way to word it in writing that I am only paying (don't cash this payment) unless they actually recall the debt? I know I called and the customer service rep said well I can accept payment FOR the Collection Agency. That is not what I want as the CA will continue to report.

I would talk to the billing manager of the hospital/doctors office If they are refusing to recall the debt then you might just get stuck paying the CA. You can always gw the ca asking for deletion of the TL. 

Message 4 of 10
mojo_ny
New Contributor

Good news!!! I emailed the OC and asked if they could pull the debt back. They replied and said they have done so and I wil lget a letter stating that the tradeline wil lbe deleted. Now I just need to pay the bill directly to the OC!!!! I am psyched!! 3 deleted collections should give my wife a nice bump!

Message 5 of 10
brikays
Regular Contributor

@mojo_ny wrote:

Good news!!! I emailed the OC and asked if they could pull the debt back. They replied and said they have done so and I wil lget a letter stating that the tradeline wil lbe deleted. Now I just need to pay the bill directly to the OC!!!! I am psyched!! 3 deleted collections should give my wife a nice bump!

Congratulations! DW must be proud of you.

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 6 of 10
mojo_ny
New Contributor

yes I think she is but I am confused on these acronyms whats dw stand for?

Message 7 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@mojo_ny wrote:

yes I think she is but I am confused on these acronyms whats dw stand for?

DW - Dear Wife

Message 9 of 10
mojo_ny
New Contributor

ahhhh... thank you

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.