Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Midalnd

tag
eyva0604
Established Member

Help with Midalnd

I need help with Midland Credit ... I have 5 , YES 5 accounts listed with them, I DV'd all of them and all I got back was 5 letters from MCM asking for me to send them any papers I might have on the accounts, so I dv'd again and now I have a alert from Myfico saying Midalnd has reported a balance increase. I have a complaint with BBB going on and they refuse to answer BBB I also filed with FTC and have heard nothing, Should I call?? I know they say NEVER call but they wont speak to me via mail. I even emailed and got a response saying they don't talk about accounts over email to please call. One of the accounts they hold is a old Columbus Bank and trust account for a Aspire card that the FTC had a ruling in 2008 against and basically told Columbus Bank to remove all trade lines from all on all accounts. What do I do now?? Keep DV letters? I have even sent Equifax that 626 ( I think that's what its called) letter asking for them to remove the Midland accounts as they will not DV. All 5 accounts are listed as Factoring co. And al have 120 past due with a note that says I have missed  4 or more payments. I know they can report the past due and missed payments from the OC but I stopped paying the OC in 2008-2009 on all 5 ( Bad year for me) they say my lates are from 2013! like I have always been paying them and just now missing payments

Please Help!!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with Midalnd

I prefer doing buisness by mail, but I've had success calling before so I would just advise you to be careful and do it.  As far as those 2013 lates they are listing, that's a No No.  Can you afford to do a PFD on these?  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the DV was timely, they cannot continue collection activity until they valdiate the debt.  And I wouldn't send them anything.  They either can validate or they can't.  Don't help them out.

I think you mean the 623 dispute but that goes to the furnisher of information not the CRAs.

CAs cannot report you as being late.

You will not hear from the FTC, they don't do individual complaints. 

How long since you filed the BBB complaint?  Have you filed one with your state AG?

Message 3 of 9
eyva0604
Established Member

I can PFD but not all 5 in full... I have sent one last rounbd of DV's what do I do when or if they don't answer? I already tried dispute with CRA's and (I don't know how) they came back verified!

Message 4 of 9
eyva0604
Established Member

No they have not answered my BBB complaint, I will do  AG today. I just got a "settelmet offer" looks like a bill with a offer to settle for one of the accounts, How come they can bill me but not answer any DV's? should I settle and give up or keep fighting? I just sent out one more round of DV's letting them know this was my third and final letter,  That they have failed to respond to 2 prior request's and if I don't here from them within 30 days I will take  action. The problem is If they do not respond I have no clue what acton I should take, They just reported 2013 lates again! and are hurting me BAD!

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you have copies of the FTC rulings that specifically lists those cards, send them a copy of the ruling.  Let them know they are reporting banned information and if they do not delete them as the ruling says they have to, you have no choice except to bring civil action against them.

Don't threaten to sue unless you mean it.

Message 6 of 9
eyva0604
Established Member

Yes I do have a copy of the ruling with the specific name of both the bank and credit card they are reporting.  I will mail that out today to them. What do I do about the other 4 accounts they are reporting as 2013 lates and will not DV

Message 7 of 9
_John_Doe
Contributor

I don't think Midland knows thier a** from a hole in the ground.

My wife was sued by Midland and we have since had two agreed upon settlements between our lawyer and theirs and in each case Midland hasn't responded leaving everyone in limbo. We could have had it cleared up weeks ago but they don't respond for anything.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 709 EXP 702 TU 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@eyva0604 wrote:

Yes I do have a copy of the ruling with the specific name of both the bank and credit card they are reporting.  I will mail that out today to them. What do I do about the other 4 accounts they are reporting as 2013 lates and will not DV

They can't report lates.  If they aren't answering BBB complaints, file a formal complaint with the FTC and cc Midland.

FTC doesn't answer individual complaints. 

I would also file with your state AG.

Other than than that you could sue them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.