Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with NCO Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with NCO Collections

I need help dealing with NCO Financial....the bought an old utility bill that was scheduled to drop off my credit report in August of this year....now they are reporting it as a new debt...Do I have any recourse???

Also I pulled my CR and see where Sterns Agency has lasted four medical debts under $50.00 on my CR is that allowed I thought the debt had to be a certain amount before it could be listed on your CR....these are under a year old should I send a PFD letter or what.

Thanks in advanceSmiley Tongue

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Help with NCO Collections

Nope.  I've got an account for 42.00 from 2007 that shows.  UGH so frustrating.  I could kill my old self for letting this happen!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 4
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

oh sorry =(  I know I had accounts with NCO that I never paid and eventually they fell off.  That doesn't help you at all.  Can you do a PFD?  Even if it's only half the amount-  I do remember they often sent me settlement letters saying to settle for 75% off the origincal balance.  Can't hurt to try- but understandable it sucks when it was so close to falling off.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is....isn't illegal for them to re-age the debt...they are not showing the original date of the deliquency they are showing a current date of two months ago?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.