Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with National Grid goodwill

tag
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Help with National Grid goodwill

OK, so I had an account with National Grid for about 2 months then I moved to college so I closed the account. The account ended up going into collections because I did not pay the remaining balance of $102.00. I have since paid that balance off in full.

The problem I am having is that National Grid will not budge on a deletion of the account from my credit report. I know since I already paid that I lost my leverage for a PFD. Has anyone here ever had any goodwill success with national grid for a paid collections account?

If someone has any backdoor contact information for National Grid that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with National Grid goodwill

I really need help on this one guys. If anyone has any advice or information please let me know.

Thank you

Message 2 of 14
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Who is reporting? What are they reporting?   Who was paid?

National Grid (that the OC correct)?  the CA? Or both the OC and CA?

How old is this debt and is it going to drop off your CR anytime soon?

Are you applying for a loan anytime soon or just want to raise your FICO scores?

Sorry for all the questionsSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 14
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

LIGHTNIN,

Thanks for your reply. The CA is Solomon and Solomon PC, the CA was the one who I paid, you are correct National Grid is the OC. The debt was from 11/1/2010 but I paid it on Aug of 2011.The problem I am having is that when I called the CA and asked if they would remove the collection account from my report they said they do not handle that and that I would have to contact the OC. The CA said they work with the OC directly, I don't understand if they are the ones reporting then why would I have to go to the OC?

Message 4 of 14
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

You are correct, the OC has nothing to do with how the CA reports.

But if, this CA says that the OC does, then by all means contact the OC and ask to have the CA deleted.

It's paid and you have nothing to lose, except losing this CA off your CR.

And if Solomon & Solomon reporting, start sending GW letters or emails,asking for a delete.Smiley Wink

Is the CA ,Solomon and Solomon PC reporting?  or is National Grid reporting also?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 14
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Only Solomon and Solomon PC is reporting, they are the CA.

Message 6 of 14
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

I called National Grid and had no luck with a goodwill attempt, they were actually kind of rude to be honest. They said they CANNOT remove a negative from a file, I know this is not true because I have had goodwill success with other companies. Since the call did not work I sent the Corporate Headquartes an email and also just mailed the headquarters a letter too.

I hope something good happens, this collection is the reason I was already denied a CC twice.

Message 7 of 14
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Good for you, because you are not taking "no" for an answer.

I would also send, GW letters to the CA. You never know, who is going to open your letters.

Message 8 of 14
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

Thank you, you make a valid point. I will be sending the CA a goodwill letter too Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I had no luck with National Greed on a 6 year old late payment and had to let it age off. Wasn't very aggressive, though.

Hope you have better luck with some persistance. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.