Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with National Recovery Solutions settlement

tag
llauren321
Established Member

Help with National Recovery Solutions settlement

Hi all,

The only negative mark that I aml currently rotating on my credit report is one from M&T bank. It was a tiny overdraft fee that escalated into a bigger fee when I closed the account, moved across the country, and didn't realize I left something unpaid with the company. The account went to collections.

I got a letter from the National Recovery Solutions collection agency saying they would accept half of what I owe (which is a mere $130). I could easily pay this off right now, but should I contact them in an attempt to remove the "collection account" status on my credit report? Or will that go away once I actually pay the collection company?

Sorry- still trying to figure all these logistics out. Any help is appreciated.

~Lauren

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llauren321
Established Member

Re: Help with National Recovery Solutions settlement

Also to further clarify - the CA is NOT reporting on my credit. It's the OC (M&T) that is reporting a $0 balance and the worlds "collection account" next to it. So maybe a PFD would not be helpful to the CA since they aren't the ones reporting???

Message 2 of 4
llauren321
Established Member

Anyone????

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Paying the collections will not make it disappear from your CR if it was reporting.  It will not make the OC account disappear either.

With the OC reporting a 0 balance it would mean they sold the debt to the CA.  You could offer the CA payment for not reporting.

You would need to send a GW letter to the OC asking them to remove their TL.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.