Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Pinnacle Credit Services

tag
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Help with Pinnacle Credit Services

DF's reports are showing the following under Pinnacle Credit Services (Collections Account):

TU
Creditor Name: Pin Cred Ser
Account Number: XXXX****
Original Creditor: 12 Verizon
Responsibility: Individual
Condition: Paid
Original Balance: $275
Balance: $0
Date Opened: 10/31/2007
Date Reported: 4/15/2008

EX
Creditor Name: Pinnacle Credit Servic
Original Creditor: Verizon
Responsibility: Individual
Condition: Derogatory
Original Balance: $275
Balance:
Date Opened: 10/2007
Date Reported: 4/15/2008

On the reports (accessed via TC) Pinnacle had 2 addresses listed. We sent a DV letter on April 3 CMRRR to both addresses and they were received 4/7/08. As can be seen, the reported dates to TU and EX were updated to 4/15/2008.

They also added the following under installment accounts:
EQ
Condition: Derogatory
Balance: $0
Type: Collection
Pay Status: Late 120 days

She never received anything from Pinnacle in the mail.

On January 8, 2008 she had received a letter from Plaza Associates attempting to collect on this. She sent DV CMRRR - they did not respond and dropped it from her reports.

I don't understand why it has a date of 10/2007 on it...she didn't have an account with Verizon then. When they added the EQ her FAKO dropped 95 pts!

Do we have to sit back and wait to see if they respond to the DV or should we dispute with the bureaus at the same time? How can they have the same account listed on the report in 3 different ways? Can Pinnacle even collect if Plaza before them was unable to validate?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with Pinnacle Credit Services

bump
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

gary4872 wrote:

She never received anything from Pinnacle in the mail.

On January 8, 2008 she had received a letter from Plaza Associates attempting to collect on this. She sent DV CMRRR - they did not respond and dropped it from her reports.

I don't understand why it has a date of 10/2007 on it...she didn't have an account with Verizon then. When they added the EQ her FAKO dropped 95 pts!

Date open is when the CA opened the account with their company, normally. But if a diff CA was trying to collect in Jan of this year, then maybe that is the date that the first CA acquired the account.

Do we have to sit back and wait to see if they respond to the DV or should we dispute with the bureaus at the same time?

You can dispute at the same time, but I wouldn't. If you dispute it gives them the right to ask you for information to support your dispute.

How can they have the same account listed on the report in 3 different ways?

I dont see why it is changing CA's and being reported if it is paid.........did she pay it? Who did she pay it to?

Can Pinnacle even collect if Plaza before them was unable to validate?

Yes, a CA can not collect, sell, transfer an account they can't validate, but they can send back to the OC and let them transfer it elsewhere, sell it again, etc.

Who originally reported the account, Plaza or Pinnacle?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this counts for much, but I sent a DV for an account Pinnacle was trying to collect on DH's reports.

They did not respond and have since vacated his reports.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait the 30 days that they have to answer.......most of these CAs are trying to collect on accounts that are way old and may not be yours. Usually they can not validate.

After the 30 days.....dispute as *not mine*    send copy of the DV letter, GC, and copy of cert.paper.

There is a form letter to go with this if needed.
Message 5 of 11
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions all. To answer sidewinder's question: no, she did not pay it. I don't remember if Plaza ever had it listed on her CR, but since we have been monitoring (month and a half or so now) they haven't had anything on it, so if they did perhaps they removed it when they received the DV. We'll just wait it out now until the 30 days are up then will dispute with the CRAs. It really ticks me off that they list it 3 different ways, just seems to show that they don't even have their act together.
Message 6 of 11
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Well just to update this thread...

- Pinnacle never responded to the DV request
- Following that, I sent notice to the 3 CRAs that Pinnacle didn't respond (including copies of the letters sent, CM receipt and green card)
- EQ deleted quickly
- Pinnacle verified to TU and EX
- Sent another fax to TU and EX asking them to delete the account again with copies. I also asked to verification documents.
- Filed a complaint with the BBB
- TU responded that verification documents are not available.

What should my next step be if they don't respond to BBB? I'm thinking a complaint with the state Dept. of Banking (Pinnacle appears to be licensed in the state as a debt collector) as well as the AG.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

First  file a complaint with the FTC  www.ftc.gov

Send TU and EX  an MOV  CMRRR

They usually answer with form letter....If they do send them an *ITS*    and get an attorney and do so!
Message 8 of 11
gary4872
Regular Contributor

When pulling DF's TC yesterday I noticed Pinnacle was gone from her EX report...that's 2 down. Then this morning I get their BBB response:

On June 10, 2008, the business provided the following information:
Contact Name and Title: ***
Pinnacle Credit Services, LLC is in the process of recalling the consumer's account from the collection agency, closing it internally and requesting removal of its tradeline from the credit bureaus to whom it previously reported. Please be advised that the bureaus act on their own time table and Pinnacle is unable to guarantee an immediate removal of its tradeline.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to show up removed on TU, but it looks like we won!
Thanks all for the help and support. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Gone from TU today! That makes all 3 clean - hopefully Pinnacle stays away now!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.