Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with RJM Acquisitions LLC

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Help with RJM Acquisitions LLC

Evening.  I just received a letter in the mail from RJM Acquisitions stating that they purchased an account that I use to have with S&H Greenpoints/HSBC Mastercard.  The DOFD is around 2006 - and nothing paid since.  I have not many any attempt to communicate with RJM.  I have no negative accounts on my credit report - and will go to war to keep it that way Smiley Happy  

What is the best way to handle this situation?  The SOL for my state is 6 years, so this has long passed.  I am assuming they are just trying to get me to bite and hope that I contact them in order to make arrangements to pay.  Since nothing is reporting on my credit (at the time), should I send a DV or just ignore - or is there some other approach?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Help with RJM Acquisitions LLC

Dofd 2006. Past reporting period. Past SOL. Personally I would send a cease and desist letter aka foad. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Re: Help with RJM Acquisitions LLC

Is the a violation of the FCRA? Is it worth sending a cease and desist or should I just ignore? Thanks for the advice.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.