Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Verizon DSL negative

tag
jhr4
Established Member

Help with Verizon DSL negative

I just spent the last 2 hours on the phone with Verizon about an old DSL account with them. In September of 2009 I moved and closed my account with Verizon DSL so that the new tenants could open a new account with Verizon DSL. I closed the account and gave them my forwarding address. Fast forward to 2011. I get a call from collections saying I owe Verizon $150. Not knowing of this forum or being well informed, I went a head and paid it although I did verbally dispute that I owed them anything. A month ago I saw that I have a negative account from verizon saying I had paid the account in full. Today I called to try to get it removed from my account.

Verizon claims that they tried to contact me at my service address to say that I still owed them money. They had no record that I had updated my address (I only have my word). The department that deals with credit reports said they could only delete info once someone from billing says that something screwed up. Billing is the department that never got record of my updated address.

I think I exhausted my options trying to dispute over the phone.

Is this a case for GW letters? Anyone have any contacts at Verizon DSL in DC area?

Worst case, I only have 3 years left to wait it out (although would prefer sooner).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with Verizon DSL negative

Looks to me like your best recourse is to send the GW letters.  Since you have nothing in writing this could be difficult to prove.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
jhr4
Established Member

Anyone have any contact info for Verizon DSL to send send GW letters? Account was based in DC if that matters

Message 3 of 5
jhr4
Established Member

bump

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. Send GWs. For the address, start with the address(es) listed on your CRs. Over time, expand it out to their corporate and other addresses provided in their correspondence to you, addresses on your old statements, addresses listed within their website, addresses obtained when calling them, etc. Ask for fax info too.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.