Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Westlake Financial!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Westlake Financial!!!

Has anyone had any luck with getting Westlake Financial to remove their TL?  I had a car loan through them 2 years ago and they were the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.  I had a few lates and they were quick to repo my car not even 2 months late!  At the end of the loan it was repo'd after being around 40+ days late.  At that point I decided I was done and spoke to a manager and paid the balance in full and picked up car and my title was sent to me.  The manager on the phone said once i paid the balance they would fix my credit report to a good standing and mail title. 

I check my credit reports and it is shown as Account status: Closed deragatory, Payment status: Collection/charge-off Remarks: Payment after charge off/collection
Paid profit and loss.  I was never told this was charged off.  This is my final bad thing on my report and I just want it gone!  It does not report late dates, but it is closed deragatory and is pretty recent so my scores are tanked.  I have tried disputing to no avail.

Anyone that has any tips or has had luck with them, please let me know!  Maybe EO contact info, or any suggestions as to how to get rid of this.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Westlake Financial!!!

Nothing on this one?  I tried to search but found nothing helpful.

Please help!  Any info/advice is appreciated!

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with Westlake Financial!!!

You need to be sending them GW letters  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Once a car loan shows repo its always that even if its been redeemed, CO means at one time they wrote off the balance of the loan and they you paid it so it would show as a redeemed repo/ paid CO or something like this. You have been disputing it so when it updates the status date comes current and it looks like it just happened today in the eyes of Fico.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.