Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a goodwill letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with a goodwill letter

Hello,
I sent a goodwill letter to Navient attempting to get late student loan payments removed. They replied stating they are legally required to report them. Should I try again with a different strategy? Is there a way around this response?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help with a goodwill letter

Search the forum for ' good will letter' and 'navient'. Those that have had success with good will letters have some times sent many dozens out to various contacts in the creditor they are sending to. I don't know how successful people have been with Navient. However, rarely does a good will letter work on the first one sent. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The Higher Education Act places mandatory requirements upon reporting of delinquencies on federal student loans.

If it is a federally insured or guaranteed student loan, they will not grant a GW deletion.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That makes sense with what they were telling me. They investigated for any errors on their part and when they could not find any they said they legally had to report the delinquencies.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.