Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a little rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with a little rebuilding

so currently i have two loans with bmw financial each balances are at around 70k they havent been late since about last year one time, and the rest fo that year were all on time. Few credit cards but no matter how low i keep the balance my scores arent rising as fast as they should, any advice?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Help with a little rebuilding

What are your expectations for your score? Care to share more about limits/balances per card and current FICO scores?
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Are there items in your report that, if changed or deleted, would have significant score impact?

If items in your current report change little from month to month, then it is not surprising that little score change is being seen.

Aging of the loan accuonts contributes very little in the short term.

Is there room for improvement in your % util of revolving credit accounts?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scupra my goal is to get my score into the 700s

@robert there are a few charged off but paid in full accounts with chase that if removed would help and some of the Bmw financial late payments , I'm under 30% on all cards one is 21,000 balance joint, one 2500 secured with Bank of America , one 500 unsecured with us bank with a now balance of 0 as well and a synchrony bank card with also a 0 balance , the secured card has been over the limit before but always laid in full right away , all balances can always be placed to 0 as I only use credit cards for rental vehicles , current scores are around 640
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Scupra my goal is to get my score into the 700s

@Anonymous there are a few charged off but paid in full accounts with chase that if removed would help and some of the Bmw financial late payments , I'm under 30% on all cards one is 21,000 balance joint, one 2500 secured with Bank of America , one 500 unsecured with us bank with a now balance of 0 as well and a synchrony bank card with also a 0 balance , the secured card has been over the limit before but always laid in full right away , all balances can always be placed to 0 as I only use credit cards for rental vehicles , current scores are around 640

lower your UTI, 30% is better than 50% but not as good as 10%.  Ideally you want to have one card with less than 10% and the rest reporting a $0 balance each month.  Its hard to say how much this will help without knowing your history though. 

Late payments do the most damage in the first two years.  Getting that removed would help.

Are there any collections being reported as a result of the CO's?  If there are, even being PIF, will effect your score the same as a non-PIF collection.  FICO only sees a collection.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ dirt poor there aren't any collections that aren't paid in fu, so at that point who would be a reputable company to hire to get the Kate's removed ? I've hired one company before and they basically failed

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ dirt poor there aren't any collections that aren't paid in fu, so at that point who would be a reputable company to hire to get the Kate's removed ? I've hired one company before and they basically failed

A company cant do anything you cant do yourself.  Since the accounts are already PIF your only option is to GW them.  Do some research to find exec emails & phone numbers and GW them too.  Be persistant, patient and a general pain in their ass.  all they can do is say no.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood 100% so is it safe to pursue the same accounts again even though that company I hired failed to get any change , and I honestly do not have the time with my constant traveling , building one business and running another , so hiring a company would be best for me at this point in time 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.