cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with chase GW letter

tag
jgeorge8292

Help with chase GW letter

I am writing a letter to chase bank with which I have a late payment and a settled account . Below is the letter I framed. Please advise if it needs any modifications.

And also please message me with the address I should send this letter.

NAME

MY ADDRESS

Month Day , XX

COMPANY NAME

DEPARTMENT NAME

ADDRESS

CITY, STATE ZIP

I am writing this letter to see whether Chase Bank would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting bureaus on my closed account (account no). I am requesting whether Chase Bank would remove the adverse late payment and settlement reporting from these accounts in reporting to the credit bureaus. I understand this is a rather unusual request--particularly as our accounts fell behind upwards of120 days and one account was settled for less than the full amount.

Chase Bank was extremely helpful in working with us at a time of job layoffs and missed payments. . If what we ask is too much, then any goodwill adjustment to the reporting bureaus would be most appreciated.

Regardless of your decision, please know that we thank you for helping us at a time when it was needed, and we hope to do business with Chase again one day.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
localuser
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with chase GW letter

No space between of and 120.  

I think you used chase bank too many times.

The date should be a heading in the top right.  

Below city st zip you should put Re: Account Number xxxxxxxx

I am requesting whether Chase Bank would remove the adverse late payment and settlement reporting from these accounts in reporting to the credit bureaus.. I think should read , "I am requesting a good will adjustment on your part and remove the late payment and settlement from reporting to the credit bureaus."

Remove the last line of the 1st paragraph

Cut the 2nd paragraph, and replace it with thanking them in general and all the ways to contact you.  I would not limit the ways because, they are doing you a favor.  

Someone might come along and disagree but I think I'm on the right track.  Plus I'm on my iPad or I would have just rewrote it for you.

Cap1Secured $700 | Chase Slate $700 | Amazon Store $5000 | Discover IT $7000 | Lowe's $8000 | AmEx BCE $20000 | Freedom $3000
November 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 717 TransUnion 725 Experian 717
January 2014 (myFICOs): Equifax 675 TransUnion 661 Experian 723
Message 2 of 8
jgeorge8292

Thanks for the quick reply . Could you help with me the second para. I dont undersantand the contact info you have menitoned. Should i give all my contact info there?

Message 3 of 8
localuser
Regular Contributor

cell phone, email and address

Cap1Secured $700 | Chase Slate $700 | Amazon Store $5000 | Discover IT $7000 | Lowe's $8000 | AmEx BCE $20000 | Freedom $3000
Message 4 of 8
jgeorge8292

Thanks again for the reply . Could you please give me the address/mail id  to where i send this mail?

Message 5 of 8
localuser
Regular Contributor

I dont have it sorry.

Message 6 of 8
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

in my experience, that letter will never fly.

you didnt give them a REASON to. they (9 times out of 10) wont agree to do it without extenuating circumstances.

add (no more than 2) paragraphs about WHY you were delinquent....tell them WHY you want it taken off (buying a house, learned your lesson, etc etc) make it honest, but make it good. keep the whole letter under ONE typed page (handwritten is even better, as it shows it wasnt a cut n paste and it means alot to you)...anything longer probably wont get read. keep in mind these are very busy executives.

Message 7 of 8
jgeorge8292

Firstly thanks for this forum. I sent the above mail to Chase and they delted my account. It includeed two 90 day late and one one settled account. I got a reply in one week and the account is not there in this month experian report . I just gave a shot and it worked

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.