Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with clearing collection account and advice on monitoring service

tag
molitar
Established Member

Help with clearing collection account and advice on monitoring service

Sorry tried to edit previous post but kept getting HTML error and could not edit so did a new reply.

I have spoke with these people over the phone they stated they will not do a PFD.  I informed them I still do not know if the bill is actually mine as medical insurance should have paid the bills and I have a $1200.00 loan with medical H.E.L.P making payments for my co-pay.  

So where can I read the process on HIPPA that I have been reading about here to start a HIPPA dispute?  Or do you have other advice for me to try to get this collection removed?

Also what do you recommend for a monitoring service TrueCredit use to be good I could do disputes to all three agencies from there but since they changed there site nothing work.. can't even see derogatory's on my account anymore.  Who is the best paid monitoring service?  What combination should I be using a cheaper daily monitoring than a daily puller?  Advice please?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
molitar
Established Member

Re: Help with clearing collection account and advice on monitoring service

Am I asking my question wrong or something I do not seem to be able to get any help with my credit problem and how to get it cleared.   This is really costing me I was in the middle of finding a house for purchase but this has caused my score to drop too low I am sure now for any home loan Smiley Sad   I was watching and paying attention to any and all bills that came in with a fine eye to prevent something like this but I never received a bill until a collection letter came in and a collection went on my credit report.

Message 2 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

HIPAA is kinda taboo to discuss openly on the forum here. Google it.

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@molitar wrote:

Sorry tried to edit previous post but kept getting HTML error and could not edit so did a new reply.

I have spoke with these people over the phone they stated they will not do a PFD.  I informed them I still do not know if the bill is actually mine as medical insurance should have paid the bills and I have a $1200.00 loan with medical H.E.L.P making payments for my co-pay.  

So where can I read the process on HIPPA that I have been reading about here to start a HIPPA dispute?  Or do you have other advice for me to try to get this collection removed?

Also what do you recommend for a monitoring service TrueCredit use to be good I could do disputes to all three agencies from there but since they changed there site nothing work.. can't even see derogatory's on my account anymore.  Who is the best paid monitoring service?  What combination should I be using a cheaper daily monitoring than a daily puller?  Advice please?

Who is reporting the debt, a CA?

Send them a DV letter if you do not believe the debt may be yours.  They are only required to tell you who is collecting and how much.  If you ask for the name and address of the OC and an itemization of the debt, they have to provide that also.  It does not verify the debt is yours, just that a debt exists.

There are other routes to take to insure it is your debt.

As far as HIPAA, we can discuss generalalities but cannot post links or letters etc. 

Message 4 of 7
molitar
Established Member

I got sent a supposed valdation of debt but there is nothing on it but this.

MID# 8967646

Client Name Zepherhills Anesthesiology

Amount

No dates or anything stating when this supposed debt was incurred by me for medical.  How is this a validation of debt?

Secondly the client name isn't even spelled correctly it's a mispelled name for the City as it should be spell Zephyrhills Anesthesiology.

Any advice on what my next step should be now?

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Under the FDCPA, in order to validate/verify a debt, the debt collector is required to investigate the debt, and make a determination supported by that investigation that the debt is legitimate.  They are not required to send documentation to the consumer that proves the accuracy.

What you obtain with debt verification is their statement that they have basis for concluding the debt is legitimate.  If they either dont conduct a reasonable investigation of the results of their investigatin do not support a determination that the debt is legit, then a statement of verification to the consumer places them in peril should the matter ever get before a court and they are required to provide a showing to support that determination. 

If they have contacted the creditor and obtained their assurance of validity of the debt, that would be adequate basis for their verification.  Challenging the underlying issue of the legitimacy of the debt with the OC would most likely require some sort of civil action, permitting you discovery of their documentation supporting their assertion.

If your prior DV was timely and you dont consider what they have provided as adequate verification, then your position is that they remain under a cease collection bar.

Failure to have provided verification is not a violation in and of itself, it is the resumption of collection activities without having provided verification that gives rise to a violation of FDCPA 809(b). 

Since they have conducted PFD negotiations, you could assert that as barred collection activity.  However, that does not seem a fruitful path in gaining any concessions from them.

Message 6 of 7
molitar
Established Member

Ok that answer lost me a bit.   BTW supposedly this was an old debt from 2011 and now they are reporting it on collection so it's showing as a new debt for this year not an almost 2 year old debt further decreasing my credit score.

What steps should I be doing from here?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.