Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with credit plan score 525.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with credit plan score 525.

Applied for Wells Fargo secured card, waiting for a decision. Applied for Victoria's Secret card, got 7-10 day message. Waiting. Shopping cart trick won't work for me. :/ Planning on attempting settlement with certain items in the fall when I can. Any other suggestions?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Help with credit plan score 525.

Is that a true FICO score or some FAKO score?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

We would need to know what your reports look like. Collections, charge offs, lates, current accounts in good standing and whatever else you can provide.

No one can give you advice or help you based on the limited information you have provided.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'm just starting so I don't quite know what everything means. What's a charge off? It's my score from credit karma. I can copy info from one of my credit reports here? Minus personal info of course.
Message 4 of 13
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Well first off the score from Credit Karma is considered FAKO and not a score you should care about. There are a couple of ways to get real FICO scores. The cheapest way is to signup for CreditCheckTotal $1 - 7 day trial. You will get FICO8 scores from Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Google it. If you don't want to keep it after 7 days, cancel. Get your FICO8 scores and post them here.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you will do!
Message 6 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Once you get your Ficos posted, and then the info on your overall reports, we can move forward trying to help as best we can.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

the best thing you can do is spend the $30 a month with my fico so you can start the rebuilding phase...it wasn't until I signed up I was able to how my score improved when things started to fall off as well as how to maintain a healthy utilization through the rebuilding process my fico is the absolute best place to start I started this process in 2012 it wasn't until I signed up here in March 2016 that I actully started to see some change and I went from low 500's to where I'm at now.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brooketrupiano,

As the others have stated, what does your credit profile look like?

Do you have items in collections? A recent late payment? 

Because you have applied twice & are getting unsure messages, now may not be the time to apply for unsecured store lines like VS. The only card I would consider at this point is to wait for the Wells Fargo decision (or call), if not try the Capital One secured card to begin a relationship with them. The inquiries will add up but are needed in your building journey. .... If neither of these work, you can always try a Fingerhut Freshstart.  

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the OP, you can get a FREE FICO 08 score from the Discover web site.  I also highly recommend the $1 Credit Check Total . com free trial as you'll get all 3 of your scores and a 3 of your reports as well.  You can go through the reports and identify your areas of opportunity so you know where to focus your attention for the best results.

You don't have to spend a lot of money and I suggest spending not a penny more than the $1 CCT trial.  There are people on here that use monthly monitoring services and pay $15, $30, $60 per month and IMO it's not necessary.  If some want to drop that money that's fine, but for you just starting out don't feel that you have to.  I've taken my scores up over 100 points in a year just by reading on here and not spending anything outside of occasional CCT trials.  Credit Karma which you already have is fine for looking at your reports from 2 bureaus; you'll be able to see what issues you have by looking at those reports.  The information on your reports from CK is good information, just don't look at the CK scores.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.