Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with getting medical bills deleted from Equifax

tag
redbone37

Help with getting medical bills deleted from Equifax

Hello,

I am new to the forum, but have been reading the information posted for several weeks, now, and decided to ask my first question. I am justing starting out on this journey of credit repair. I am in the process of disputing several medical collections that are appearing on my credit report. Experian has already deleted several, however, they are not fisnished with the entire dispute process.  It seems that I am going to have the most problem with Equifax, some of the medical collections are reporting paid, but Equifax told me that they will not delete the debt from my report even if it is showing paid, and that I needed to contact the collection agency myself, and do a debt validation letter, is this the right step? I sent in documentation showing that the accounts were paid, but was told that I will still need to contact CA? any advice would be helpful, and would the HIPAA suggestion work in these cases?

Experian 640  ?

Transunion 642  ?

Equifax 611  ?

Goal 720

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Help with getting medical bills deleted from Equifax

@redbone37 wrote:

Hello,

I am new to the forum, but have been reading the information posted for several weeks, now, and decided to ask my first question. I am justing starting out on this journey of credit repair. I am in the process of disputing several medical collections that are appearing on my credit report. Experian has already deleted several, however, they are not fisnished with the entire dispute process.  It seems that I am going to have the most problem with Equifax, some of the medical collections are reporting paid, but Equifax told me that they will not delete the debt from my report even if it is showing paid, and that I needed to contact the collection agency myself, and do a debt validation letter, is this the right step? I sent in documentation showing that the accounts were paid, but was told that I will still need to contact CA? any advice would be helpful, and would the HIPAA suggestion work in these cases?

Experian 640  ?

Transunion 642  ?

Equifax 611  ?

Goal 720

Who did you pay the debt off with 

OC or CA?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.