Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with medical collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with medical collection

I currently have a medical debt that is past due since January 2006 and the collection agency grant &weber is reporting on my exp and tu. I have called and wrote them to get them to PFD they refuse saying they cannot legally remove this from my credit reports till after i make a payment. I read about the HIPPA letter program and would like to go that route. I called the hospital about my account and told them I would like to pay them but they said that they can only collect the original amount owed not including the interest. The collection agency is charging interest on it and can come after me for it even after Ive paid the hospital bill.  Can anyone give me advice about how to get this removed from my report for a payment in full. Thanks everyone on this forum for all your advice!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with medical collection

I recently did two PFD with medical collections. If the collections company is saying they will delete after you pay in full have them fax you a letter stating so. Then once you pay they should delete the accounts. The company I dealt with faxed me a letter, I paid them over the phone, and two weeks later I got an alert. I cehcked my report and the accounts were gone.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they said they can't and will not fax me a letter stating they will remove it and will only fax me a letter saying if paid it will be reported paid in full. She then said after i pay she will stay on the phone with me and fax over a deletion letter as courtesey. But, i don't trust them that once it's paid it they will delete it.

Message 3 of 5
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

i sent you a pm

Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much everyone for your time and replying. I looked up the Why Chat process and want to go that route but i just need help figuring out the deal with the interest on the hospital bill. The hospital said i cannot pay the interest on the bill which is $400 according to the CA and that if i pay the hospital i will only be paying the original bill not the interest and the CA can and still will come after me for the interest. I'm a little confused on what do.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.