Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my Journey to hit 700 please

tag
nate79416
Regular Contributor

Help with my Journey to hit 700 please

First Thanks for taking the time to read this..

Now I need to rebuild my credit so that I can purchase my family a home

Baddies list

Cap one(Portfolio  recovery has it now)

Owe 672

I have 4 medical collections that I recently paid off..Was told would be removed around the next update which is 4/15. I am crossing my fingers

I have 3 more medical collection total 425 I sent PTD letters last week I am waiting to hear back. 

Today I paid an old ATT phone bill 246.00(enchanced recovery) I paid ATT directly. He told me he would send a letter out to me and they will update Enhanced recovery. He could not tell me it would be removed . I read on here to send the letter ATT is going to send me to all 3 credit buearus???

I have a old sprint bill for 321 I sent a DV letter to enhanced recovery, no response and I sent that letter the same time I sent the ATT letter, I heard from them pretty fast about the ATT bill but not the sprint. I am waiting.

I have several "good" accounts with my credit union

credit card 

limit 2250 I owe 1700

I have a LOC 2500 I owe 2200

I have a unsecured loan 2500 I owe 1500

Auto loan is 291 a month just got it last year 15k

I know I need to pay these way down.. Any advise would be VERY HELPFUL

Thank you very much

Current scores

607 EX

579 TU

554 EQ

MyFico says 618

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with my Journey to hit 700 please

First of all, I was in a similar situation with my scores etc. before I started my repair.  Some companies will delete from your report with no issues, if the PFD doesn't work you can dipute the item and if the company doesn't validate the debt within 30 days it will be deleted.  Credit cards count for more of your score than anything.  I have paid off 2 auto loans in the past 2 months and I didn't see anything happen to my score, but paying down a credit card is huge.  You want your credit card utiliztion to be around 20-30% and you are at 50% roughly.  Pay off the collections first, but while working on that make sure you make more than your minimum payment on your cards and personal loan so that when they report the principle balance is being lowered.  After paying the collections off, work on paying down your highest interest card or loan first and then the others.  Hopefully this helps, all hope is definately not lost.  My EQ score was 528 6 months ago and I'm up to a 635.

Message 2 of 5
nate79416
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much all advise is needed, I have the money to pay all my collections I really want to try to get them deleted at the same time. I will pay my credit card down  thats not a problem at all. Once I rebuild my credit I am going to cherish it, thats for sure!

Thanks again

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@nate79416 wrote:

First Thanks for taking the time to read this..

Now I need to rebuild my credit so that I can purchase my family a home

Baddies list

Cap one (Portfolio  recovery has it now)  Owe 672   Send PRA a PFD, they are a tough one to get if they refuse then, if its updating monthly I would settle it and switch to GW letters asking for its removal.

I have 4 medical collections that I recently paid off..Was told would be removed around the next update which is 4/15. I am crossing my fingers

I have 3 more medical collection total 425 I sent PTD letters last week I am waiting to hear back. 

For medical debt:

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Today I paid an old ATT phone bill 246.00(enchanced recovery) I paid ATT directly. He told me he would send a letter out to me and they will update Enhanced recovery. He could not tell me it would be removed . I read on here to send the letter ATT is going to send me to all 3 credit buearus??? The collection will most likely update to paid, you will need to send GW letters to the entity that is reporting and ask that it be removed. If it is removed then great.    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

I have a old sprint bill for 321 I sent a DV letter to enhanced recovery, no response and I sent that letter the same time I sent the ATT letter, I heard from them pretty fast about the ATT bill but not the sprint. I am waiting. 

I have several "good" accounts with my credit union

credit card  limit 2250 I owe 1700

I have a LOC 2500 I owe 2200

I have a unsecured loan 2500 I owe 1500

Auto loan is 291 a month just got it last year 15k

I know I need to pay these way down.. Any advise would be VERY HELPFUL  On revolving debt pay down higher interest rates first, on the instalment loans just make your regular monthly payments.

Thank you very much

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

First of all, I was in a similar situation with my scores etc. before I started my repair.  Some companies will delete from your report with no issues, if the PFD doesn't work you can dipute the item and if the company doesn't validate the debt within 30 days it will be deleted.  This is incorrect one would not dispute valid credit information, please refrain from advocating this in the future. If they refuse the PFD you can send them a DV to have them validate the debt or just settle it and switch to asking that the TL be removed via GW letters.

Credit cards count for more of your score than anything.  I have paid off 2 auto loans in the past 2 months and I didn't see anything happen to my score, but paying down a credit card is huge.  You want your credit card utiliztion to be around 20-30% and you are at 50% roughly.  Pay off the collections first, but while working on that make sure you make more than your minimum payment on your cards and personal loan so that when they report the principle balance is being lowered.  After paying the collections off, work on paying down your highest interest card or loan first and then the others.  Hopefully this helps, all hope is definately not lost.  My EQ score was 528 6 months ago and I'm up to a 635.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.