Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my situation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with my situation

Ok im very new here....(one day) lol. I pulled up my credit reports and they are listed below. All credit reports show 6 accounts with 3 having balances. one is my car loan through toyota. that account is my worst except one collection from aspire visa that i am paying monthly now through a CA. the toyota has 2 30 day lates in 07 and 2 30's and 2 90's in 06. the most recent lates were january 07 and october 07 on that account. i also opened the two other accounts with balances in january 08 all are current but maxed out although they are a 300 and 800 limit so i can pay them down quick and have this week and next pday to almost 0. i have an old account showing from cap1. this account was opened in 2000 and closed in 2004. payed in full with zero balance. however i had 4 30's and 1 60 days late in 2003-2004. i have 2,6,2 inquiries showing on the 3 credit reports. and my crdit length is 9years....yes im 28 lol.  any other info that might help i can give you but im trying to keep this as short as possible.

My questions are these:
i wrote Gw letters to toyota and cap1 on the lates.....how long do they normally take and what is the chance they will help? also consider that cap1 gave me a low limit card in january that is and has always been in good standing, maybe that helps on that one

how much do the above lates hurt my score....especially the cap1 since its pretty old?

also about my collection, i wrote them a GW/PFD letter yesterday and sent today. I had no idea you could do such things so i had already set up monthly payments through the CA. they come out automatically from my checking and have been posting for 4 months. the balance was a little over 5000 when i started now just at 4000. will be paid in 2years. im wondering what i can expect from them as a response? i told them i still will pay as i am currently and that i will pay in full no matter what. all i asked was that it be removed from my CR if possible.

These show up on my CR as the only negatives. any help or opinions are greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with my situation

on a side note im wondering....with my current scores if i can get to 660 on all 3 in the next 3 months? like i said by the end of this moth my CL on the open revolving accounts will be 1100 and the balance will be as close to 0 as possible but not over 100. my last late was in october of last year as listed above and since then i havent missed anything and everything has been current since then as well. im hoping to get feedback about the GW letters but i guess thats a crap shoot. is it possible? im looking to apply for a new car loan in that time frame

Message Edited by rakuin79 on 05-08-2008 04:13 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the account you owe 4000 on outside SOL?

Lates count for little past 2 years, unless you have a ton of them.  Paying down your utility will help.  Getting all 3 to 660 is probably unlikely, that will take more than 3 months.  You could get a nice boost if your GW's work.  My advice is to go buy a bunch of stamps, and send GW letters regularly, sometimes you just have to get someone that is having a good day =P.

good luck!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

im unsure what the SOL would be. it was an aspire visa account but was sent to collections. the card was probably opened in 2000 just like my old cap1 card because i know i got them around the same time. there isnt alot reported on any or the reports on the collection. it says it was assigned in apr of 2007 to the agency. other than that it has the balance and begining balance. the date last reported was in apr 2008 and the rest is not reported. but like i said i have been paying them since jan of 2008 so does that restart the SOL?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

rakuin79 wrote:
Ok im very new here....(one day) lol. I pulled up my credit reports and they are listed below. All credit reports show 6 accounts with 3 having balances. one is my car loan through toyota. that account is my worst except one collection from aspire visa that i am paying monthly now through a CA. the toyota has 2 30 day lates in 07 and 2 30's and 2 90's in 06. the most recent lates were january 07 and october 07 on that account. i also opened the two other accounts with balances in january 08 all are current but maxed out although they are a 300 and 800 limit so i can pay them down quick and have this week and next pday to almost 0. i have an old account showing from cap1. this account was opened in 2000 and closed in 2004. payed in full with zero balance. however i had 4 30's and 1 60 days late in 2003-2004. i have 2,6,2 inquiries showing on the 3 credit reports. and my crdit length is 9years....yes im 28 lol.  any other info that might help i can give you but im trying to keep this as short as possible.

My questions are these:
i wrote Gw letters to toyota and cap1 on the lates.....how long do they normally take and what is the chance they will help? also consider that cap1 gave me a low limit card in january that is and has always been in good standing, maybe that helps on that one

No general time limit on how long creditors take to respond to a GW letter. I don't think Cap 1 is very good about helping. Not sure about Toyota. In the search box above type in "Toyota GW" or "Toyota goodwill" , same for Cap 1 and you can read other's experiences. 

how much do the above lates hurt my score....especially the cap1 since its pretty old?

As the other poster mention, lates don't normally hurt past 2 years, unless you have a lot of them. Being 4 year old, I wouldn't expect them to be hurting that much, but I am not certain about that.

also about my collection, i wrote them a GW/PFD letter yesterday and sent today. I had no idea you could do such things so i had already set up monthly payments through the CA. they come out automatically from my checking and have been posting for 4 months. the balance was a little over 5000 when i started now just at 4000. will be paid in 2years. im wondering what i can expect from them as a response? i told them i still will pay as i am currently and that i will pay in full no matter what. all i asked was that it be removed from my CR if possible.

Anyone's guess as to what they will say.

These show up on my CR as the only negatives. any help or opinions are greatly appreciated

The maxed out cards are hurting you. Want to keep your total utlization below 9% and only carry a balance on about half your cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.