cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with next step for unknown OC with dif reporting on 2 reports.

tag
adolobe

Help with next step for unknown OC with dif reporting on 2 reports.

Hello

Im hoping someone here can point me in the right direction to resolve an issue. I've been a lurker here for about a year rebuilding my credit using advice givin to other memebers. I must admit this place is a wealth of information. 

In a nutshell, around the begining of 2005 I lost my job and hit a financial hard spot. I defaulted on a few items which have since been cleared up. However I have one item on my report that completely baffles me.  At the time I had two credit cards which I defaulted on, one was a Chase(paid and taken care of in 2010) the other was a bank thats name was First something but I cant remember the complete name. From what I can guess it looks like they might of been purchased out by Bank of America.They are showing up on my EQ & TU but each is showing a different acct # and balanes and default date is completely off by about 4 years.  Both are showing default dates in 2009 which is confussing since if its the CC I defaulted on would of been 2005.  Since 2005 Ive only had two other credit cards one being the original chase and a Wells Fargo card I got 2 years ago.  I still have the two cards and the car loan was paid off about 6 months ago. I've had no other credit outside of these 3 items since 2005.

So what should my next step be? Obvisouly it has to be the CC that defaulted in early 2005. If thats the case wouldnt it of already fallen off my CR had BofA reported it correctly and not as 2009.

Here is how it looks when I buy all 3 reports from Experain 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
adolobe

Re: Help with next step for unknown OC with dif reporting on 2 reports.

Any advice?  Should I DV, Dispute with CRA, or PFD

Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help with next step for unknown OC with dif reporting on 2 reports.

Sounds to me like you have a problem with re-aging of this account.  It was with another bank, and then bought out by the new bank, and the new bank is listing the DoFD of when they took the account over.

I would do a direct dispute with them.  If you look up above, I've put up a stickie for direct disputes that was supplied by guiness56.

And yes, if it was defaulted on in 2005, it should have aged off.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.