Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with paying off debt

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Help with paying off debt

Okay so I have been paying off some of my old debit and a few new ones. Not getting much of a score change....then i get hit with a huge decrease..not sure if it had to do with a 30 day late on a joint acct with me and my mom that is closed or what. I even had 1 new collection removed. I was for sure that this would make my score go up. Smiley Sad

Now the acct I am joint on with my mom...she closed this acct without asking me about 2 yrs ago....but has been making the montly payments with NO lates at all until last month...she had a 30 day late....she lives 5 states away so I had no idea.....but the alert I got said for an acct which is Kohl's/Capital One that was an inactive acct. How does that help or hurt your credit.

Help I don't know what to do. Myfico has me all the way down to 492 Smiley Sad  which is always lower than other mointoring places i use.

Should i apply for a Credit card...I am at just lost

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help with paying off debt

Inactive as in closed or just not used?

If there is a balance, closed or not, and she was late it will impact your score.  The higher your score the more of a impact the late would have.

Is that all you have on your CR, the joint account with your mom?

Message 2 of 3
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Re: Help with paying off debt

@guiness56 wrote:

Inactive as in closed or just not used?

If there is a balance, closed or not, and she was late it will impact your score.  The higher your score the more of a impact the late would have.

Is that all you have on your CR, the joint account with your mom?

It shows that it's a closed acct  requested by her and the balance was 781.00 when the late appeared BUT that 30 day late showed up in EARLY April 2013...and my score keeps dropping Smiley Sad

Yes it shows that its joint and everything.

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.