cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with portfolio recovery

tag
CedtheEntnr

Help with portfolio recovery

Hi would like the info to get a pay for deletion for portfolio recovery. I owe 1810 dollars and I hve disputed it and they validated it but they can't sue for payment because the SOL have been reached. I called and spoke to two supervisors today and ask for PFD and was told no multiple times. I've got to get this taken care of ASAP because my house burnt down 3 weeks ago and I need 2 of my scores to be at 640. One score is at 640 but the other two are 635 and 633 so I need it to go up 5 points and I know if Portfolio gets deleted I'll be able to get a mortgage.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Re: Help with portfolio recovery

What was the basis of your dispute? I am assuming the account is not paid yet? I am sure that your lender will make you pay this before they approve your loan.

We were able to have PRA deleted by filing a complaint with the BBB on the way that they were reporting after 2 unsuccessful disputes.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

PRA usually won't pfd. Many here have said once PIF then GW and they usually remove!
Message 3 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:
PRA usually won't pfd. Many here have said once PIF then GW and they usually remove!

It's a valid TL thus there is no need to get the BBB invovled as it is reporting accurately. My suggestion would be pay the CA and then start sending GW's. Keep in mind the CA and OC don't have to delete their respective TL's.

Message 4 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@sarahcmgreen wrote:

What was the basis of your dispute? I am assuming the account is not paid yet? I am sure that your lender will make you pay this before they approve your loan.

We were able to have PRA deleted by filing a complaint with the BBB on the way that they were reporting after 2 unsuccessful disputes.

Was the debt paid? how was PRA reporting?

Message 5 of 9
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

The debt was not paid at all. PRA was reporting it as an open installment loan 120 days past due rather than just as a collections account. We disputed the way they were reporting, but the information was accurate so it would come back verified every time. Finally I filed a complaint with BBB only in regards to the way they were reporting and within a week, I got a response saying it would be deleted. It was deleted within 5 days.

Message 6 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@sarahcmgreen wrote:
The debt was not paid at all. PRA was reporting it as an open installment loan 120 days past due rather than just as a collections account. We disputed the way they were reporting, but the information was accurate so it would come back verified every time. Finally I filed a complaint with BBB only in regards to the way they were reporting and within a week, I got a response saying it would be deleted. It was deleted within 5 days.

So you know, that unpaid debt stays in your credit file until paid and if it's within the CRTP it could pop back up with a new CA.

I have dealt with PRA a few times. They hate my guts LOL. I sued them twice under FDCPA. 

Message 7 of 9
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

I do know that - its actually not mine. It's my boyfriend - I am trying to help him get his credit straightened out. We never disputed that the debt was his - just how they were reporting. They just went ahead and deleted it. Once the 7 years is up, does it go away from your credit file? Or do they just stop reporting? I mean, if I am shopping for a mortgage, can they see a debt that was unpaid from like 10 years ago? I don't even know what I have unpaid out there - I was SO bad about checking my credit report when I was in my 20's - I just didn't want to know I guess Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@sarahcmgreen wrote:
I do know that - its actually not mine. It's my boyfriend - I am trying to help him get his credit straightened out. We never disputed that the debt was his - just how they were reporting. They just went ahead and deleted it. Once the 7 years is up, does it go away from your credit file? Or do they just stop reporting? I mean, if I am shopping for a mortgage, can they see a debt that was unpaid from like 10 years ago? I don't even know what I have unpaid out there - I was SO bad about checking my credit report when I was in my 20's - I just didn't want to know I guess Smiley Happy

Unpaid debt stays in your credit file forever until its paid. When applying for a Mortgage, depending on the lender might pull your whole file. They usually will do this when applying for 150K or more. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.