Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with public record

tag
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

Help with public record

Hello,

In 2012, I received a judgment against me in the amount of $1000.  When originally dealing with the CA's attorneys, they would not let me speak to the CA, would not accept a PFD, and validated the debt.  Feeling defeated, I signed an agreement to make $100 monthly payments until the debt was paid off and never appeared in court.  I now owe about $400 and am trying to figure out some methods that would allow me to get this debt removed before I pay it off completely.

*I could pay it off and request the attorney to void the judgment, but I don't know how well that would go over.

*The CA won't deal with me to even discuss a GW deletion or PFD on the rest of the debt, so I don't think they are an option.

*I looked at my credit reports and the judgment - everything is being reported accurately (except the balance still shows $1,000).

*I've read I could file a vacate judgment and hope they don't show up.  I've also read that paying the debt off could vacate the judgment per Ohio rule 60 (not sure if that's true?)

So there are some of my options.  Does anyone have a suggestion or different tactic?  I appreciate all help received!!

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 700+

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Help with public record

@AccountingGuy wrote:

Hello,

In 2012, I received a judgment against me in the amount of $1000.  When originally dealing with the CA's attorneys, they would not let me speak to the CA, would not accept a PFD, and validated the debt.  Feeling defeated, I signed an agreement to make $100 monthly payments until the debt was paid off and never appeared in court.  I now owe about $400 and am trying to figure out some methods that would allow me to get this debt removed before I pay it off completely.

*I could pay it off and request the attorney to void the judgment, but I don't know how well that would go over.

*The CA won't deal with me to even discuss a GW deletion or PFD on the rest of the debt, so I don't think they are an option.

*I looked at my credit reports and the judgment - everything is being reported accurately (except the balance still shows $1,000). If they are not updating the bal I would send a direct dispute as they are receiving money but not updating the bal owed on your credit reports, that in itself is a violation of the FCRA. 

*I've read I could file a vacate judgment and hope they don't show up.  I've also read that paying the debt off could vacate the judgment per Ohio rule 60 (not sure if that's true?) The attorney who filed the judgement would be the one to ask to Vacate once the judgement is paid in full. 

So there are some of my options.  Does anyone have a suggestion or different tactic?  I appreciate all help received!!

Message 2 of 4
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

Who do I send a direct dispute to?

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 700+

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.