Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with rebuilding

Ok here is my situation ... let me know where I can go from here ...

First let me talk about where I have come from;

- Also want to mention right now I do not Live in USA ... I have been with my new Girlfriend .. then fiance .. now Wife in Europe since early 2016 ... but we are going to spend the summer of 2019 in USA and maybe move back perm so I would like to get this fixed before we go.

- 2012 I lost my job and pretty much everything fell into disarray ... I lost all credit cards and my mortgage went into limbo

- Sporatically paid my mortgage ... enough not to lose my house at this time

- 2015 March got divorced

- 2015 November About to lose my home and everything felt bad so I declaire bankrupcy ... chapter 7 maybe this was bad looking back but I was hoping to save my home Smiley Sad This was discharged April 15th 2016

The Bankrupcy shows up on Equifax and Transunion BUT NOT Experian

- I had a bunch of Authroized user cards from my exwife (divorce hit her hard to .. she lost everything... I actually tried to help but it was a bad time). I disputed and most of them are gone with the last 2 left in dispute and I expect them to be removed soon.

- Baddies are similar across the bureaus so I will list them here

- Morgage (bank of america who transfered it to Carlington morgage ... both scheduled to leave my report on May of 2019 or so)

- NFCU (had 4 products with them .. 2 credit cards, over draft and line of credit) all scheduled to leave reports betwee March and August 2019

- Chase card - Scheduled to go away May 2019

- TD Credit - Target - Owe $300 - this one isnt scheduled to go away until 2023 ... was part of my bankrupcy .. on EQ and TX it shows as IIB and $0 on EX it shows as Charged off

- Bank of America Credit Card $181 owing - Same as TD

- Verizon - In collections .. this one went really high .. had 5 lines .. me, my ex wife , 2 kids and her sister ... all new iphones and 3 ipads .. right now it says in collections and I owe $10,000 ... its scheduled to go away 2023 ... on EQ and TX it dows $0 and IIB but on Ex it shows all 10k.  This is the one I need to find a way to fix that doesnt costme $10k

On EQ and TX I also have 2 small collections .. one that was for a powerbill with EPS (about $150) and one for a water bill from Johnson Utilities (about $200). I did get these removed from Ex somehow.

I also still have a car from this mess ... the loan is around $12k (the car is worth more, its a 2014 Charger RT) the loan is with Wells fargo and hasnt been paid in a year. For some reason this is NOT on my credit reports anywhere

The good I did get a $300 unsecure credit card from Capital one I am abusing the **bleep** out of... putting every small charge on it and paying it nearly daily ... hope fully they decide to give me a nice increase

Capital one also offered to refinance the loan on the car for 7.75% over 3 years via the pre-approval ... I am tempted to take this for two reasons ... if I move back in a year I will want the above car rather than trying to get a new one and two it would report on my bureaus and I assume it would  be a good report.

Financialy I am in a 100x better position than 3 years ago .. my new company is doing very well and I am making a health living again.

Of the above the only real bad one is Verizon as I really dont want to pay $10k to get it removed. What should I do with it?

The small collections (JU and EPS) Is it possible to pay to remove them or just ignore them

Bank of American and Target same questions.

Only bank I burned was NFCU which im sad about but no way I can pay the $35k or so combined and it goes off my reports next year.

Advice on other cards? I hear Discover secured (I cant use it here but could add it to my air bnb account / Uber account / Expedia for travel to use it) What about Citi secured ...

Current scores are around a 550

Thank you for listening .. questions comments ... where should I go?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with rebuilding

Any suggestions from the awesome people here

Should I try to PFD the Bank of America and Target credit cards? Its not a ton of money owing.

How about the Verizon?

I mean, at least on Experian, the rest disapears in a year and maybe with a secure credit card or two a year from now I can have pretty good credit.

Thanks

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m no credit guru or anything, but I would definitely encourage you to pay off your small baddies. It will boost your score very quickly.

Also, hold off on applying for more cards at the moment— try to tackle what’s negative and once you have a few of those off, then apply for a card.

As far as Verizon, maybe you can get them to settle. Maybe start by offering 10-20% and see if they can settle. After that, you can start a GW campaign to get it off your reports.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So think I should try a PFD .. does anyone have experience with SRP or Johnson Utilites .. they are not huge and I can quite easily afford it.

Verizon I can try to settle .. especially since its technically included in Bankrupcy (other two show it zero and IIB but Ex doesnt) will this cause any issues on EQ and TU?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the plus side for everything above on EQ and TU all my collections appear as IIB ..

So from what I see I have these accounts I can try to deal with .. settle .. PFD

Bank of America around $400 owing

Target around $300 owing

Trident Management (SRP Electric bill) $249

Trident Management (JU Water Bill) About $120

Verizon $10k

I know all the above on the other two reports show as IIB so maybe its not to bad to PFD?

On Ex only BOA, Target and Verizon are there ... None of the collections

So is it worth calling? What do I ask or what should I do.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

On the plus side for everything above on EQ and TU all my collections appear as IIB ..

So from what I see I have these accounts I can try to deal with .. settle .. PFD

Bank of America around $400 owing

Target around $300 owing

Trident Management (SRP Electric bill) $249

Trident Management (JU Water Bill) About $120

Verizon $10k

I know all the above on the other two reports show as IIB so maybe its not to bad to PFD?

On Ex only BOA, Target and Verizon are there ... None of the collections

So is it worth calling? What do I ask or what should I do.

If those accounts were included in your Bk, you don’t need to pay them. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand the only reason is they are posting as unpaid on my EX where my Bankrupcy is NOT showing up and why I am thinking its worth talking to them.

My EX would be almost clean in a year if BOA/Target/Verizon were gone and since it  seems to be one of the more popular reports this could be really good for me.

I also do think I should take out a higher limit secured card like Discover .. I can afford 2k down.

Ted

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok with some work I already have the following, all the above are fico 8s

Equifax 607

Experian 554

Transunion 481

Equifax

I have cleaned every debt with a balance, now everything bad shows IIB with a 0 balance. BK was now 2 years ago.

Experian

Still needs some work,

Good, my BK does not show up on this file.

BAD

Chase (CO, balance 1776, Scheduled to drop off March 2019)

NFCU (2 credit cards one over draft and one LOC, only one shows a balance rest show 0, again will drop off early 2019)

Verizon is still here (10k owing)

Everything else is 0 or off.

Transunion

I have 2 student loans still showing late here. They should update any day now to reflect the current status and they seem to remove all lates when do so. also some other baddies I will work about soon.

so Equifax is my best report. I very much need another card to continue my rebuilding, I have a FICO of 607 and just a capital one. I can put upto 3k in a good secured card. What do people suggest? I also do travel a lot so while I would like a discover its not good for travel. Any other suggestions?

Ted

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

so Update I currently have

Capital one card ($500 limit should be $800 in 2 months unsecured)

Discover secures ($500 for now, will add $500 a month tell it hits $2500)

Is there a VISA card that is not hard to get and can grow? Preferably one with no foreign exchange fees or should I wait 6 months and then apply?

Pretty much rest is same as above.

My current ficos are

Equifax 615

Experian 570

Transunion 620

Discover is not reporting yet

Should I just let this sit? What would people do next?

My goal is to be in a position to buy a house in 18 months when I get back to USA

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any more advice?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.