Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with removing PIF - GW letter failed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with removing PIF - GW letter failed

So after reading the forums about GW letters, I did my do-diligence and wrote my own letters tailored to my situation. So far I've had success with three companies: 

-West Asset Management

-Electromedical Associates

-RJM Associates

But I am having a problem with Gragil Associates from a medical debt PIF two years ago (before I knew of this forum and before I knew I could request PFD). Not scheduled for fall off until 2019. I sent an email, letter and fax to them over the past four months. I sent another email last week and finally got call from someone who was extremely rude. She said that she received my "pestering letters" and if I knew anything, then I would know that PIF is just as good as it being removed from my report and that they have no way of removing it so I will just have to deal with it because it's not affecting my credit. Well, if I never had you wonderful group of people on the forums, I would have believe that to be true but now I know it's not!! 

Essentially, I need some advice/help/guidance! Smiley LOL It's like defeating the stone troll (nerdism... don't mind me). They're reporting 4 PIF accounts to collections, with a pretty substantial balance that was owed. What suggestions does anyone have as to how I can kindly word that it's not true and that there's a law that says they CAN in fact remove it or is there a way I can dispute this with the CRA? It's only being reported to TU and I have heard of people trying that. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with removing PIF - GW letter failed

Just curious. Is the collection being reported as paid in full on your reports? Some of these debt collectors have been known to pull stuff that is unethical as hell if not downright illegal. I have disputed some items in the past that were paid off but never updated as being paid. I would check to see if that collection is marked as paid on my reports if I were in your situation before trying any more goodwills. In one case my dispute resulted in a delete from all reports because the ca failed to report the updated info TWICE. It was not reported correctly when I paid it off and they failed again to update when contacted about this by the credit bureaus.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops...sorry...looks like you answered that before I even asked. I need to learn to read. Maybe somebody with more experience dealing with these agencies will chime in...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah yes, I did make sure they are being listed PIF because I know all about that shady stuff! I dealt with it and finally, thanks to these forums as well, it has been rectified.

The problem is, even though it's not affecting my scores PER SAY, it's still showing I had that account in collections. One or two might have been fine, but I had A LOT because I was stupid and 18 with credit cards coming out of my ears and not enough money to pay for them. I'm working with a family friend who is a realtor to get my credit in tip top shape so I can buy a house within the next year and she's really pushing me to get all those PIF removed completely. 

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For paid collections you are pretty much going to have to continue your GW letter campaign, I would be sending them at a rate of one a month directly to the CEO of the company not the CSRs or the front office address.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you tried going the BBB route??? Or the government agencies?? I recently file a complaint with BBB here in South Carolina. we'll see how that goes. I have had NO luck at all dealing with collection companies!! I have 3 on credit report, LVNV, Pinnacle, and Calvary. I can't get any of them to agree in writing to a settlement. I mean on the letterhead and reported and pulled from credit report within 15 days of negotiated payment?? Why pay it if they won't remove it?? Please let me know what you think here or on Private email. Thanks everyone. You've have to thank your lucky stars you're not working for these collection companies.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.