cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with removing/deleting medical collection!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with removing/deleting medical collection!

Hello!! I am new to this forum and I am so glad that I found it. The wealth of information shared on this site is remarkable. Thank You All!!!

I am looking for guidance with removing/deleting a medical collection from my CR. I researched the HIPPA process and guidelines (which I know cannot be discussed on this site) but I have not heard back from the creator. My question is has anyone had success with removing a medical collection without using the HIPPA process? If so, can you please share your strategy with me?

The CA is Sav-it Enterprises in NJ and the amount owed is $300 from 2011 and I am willing to pay in full, today, in order to get it deleted. I sent them a pay for delete letter and they sent me the statement from the doctor's office and updated the account with the CRA. However, I did notice that the date of first delinquency is incorrect, if that even matters. I don’t know what I should do now or how I should move forward with getting it deleted. Any information you can share with me will be extremely helpful. This is the only remaining collection account that I have and I need it removed in order to increase my scores to qualify for a mortgage.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with removing/deleting medical collection!

Do you have proof the DoFD is wrong? What should it be?

If you PIF, you can try a GW campaign. I have had much luck with sending GW letters to the billing department of the medical provider along with the CA. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do have proof that they date is incorrect - its off by 1 year. Also, the billing statement they sent me shows the date as 2011 but they are reporting it as 2012. I also have explanation of benefits from my insurance provider which confirms that date as 2011.

Okay. I will call them today to offer full payment and then send a GW letter shortly after paying. I really hope it works because I really need to get this removed.

Message 3 of 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

All of the info you're looking for is spelled out. 

Your other option is to offer PFD and hope they 'go for it' OR find that they have reported incorrectly and are willing to delete.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had excellent results getting medical collections deleted from my report using old fashion politeness. I did not dispute any of the accounts. I knew that they were all mine. After verifying that the insurance company did not pay , I contacted each CA or OC ( via mail and phone) , agreed to pay in full and requested (not demanded) deletion from my credit report. Out of 10 accounts all but 1 approved my request. I have been on a GW campaign for this last one. Even if I am unable to get my final account deleted, I would rather have a closed collection not reporting than an open collection reporting every month.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.