Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with tax judgements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with tax judgements

In checking my credit report I found three public records. 

The first is a state tax lien for $751 filed 04/2006 that I was not aware of from a state that I used to live in 2003.  I disputed the lien with EQ and EXP and the result was "reviewed, meets FCRA standards".  There is an address for the court and a record number, no phone number.  Any suggestions on the best way to get this taken care of?

The second is a civil suit filed in 2005  for $1603 with a circuit court.  Same state I moved from in 2003 and the dispute (with TU) resulted in the same as the previous.

The third is a state tax lien for $77 file 06/1994.  I am not sure why this is still showing but the dispute process did not remove it from (TU).

Any suggestions on the best method for clearing these up would be greatly appreciated.  Can you use a Pay and Delete letter with public records?   

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with tax judgements

@Anonymous wrote:

In checking my credit report I found three public records. 

The first is a state tax lien for $751 filed 04/2006 that I was not aware of from a state that I used to live in 2003.  I disputed the lien with EQ and EXP and the result was "reviewed, meets FCRA standards".  There is an address for the court and a record number, no phone number.  Any suggestions on the best way to get this taken care of?

The second is a civil suit filed in 2005  for $1603 with a circuit court.  Same state I moved from in 2003 and the dispute (with TU) resulted in the same as the previous.

The third is a state tax lien for $77 file 06/1994.  I am not sure why this is still showing but the dispute process did not remove it from (TU).

Any suggestions on the best method for clearing these up would be greatly appreciated.  Can you use a Pay and Delete letter with public records?   

Thanks

1.  Can remain for seven years from date paid.

2.  Can remain for seven years from judgment date regardless whether you ultimately pay it or not.

3.  Can remain for seven years from date you paid it.  If never paid, it never has to fall off.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.