Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with trying to rebuild my credit

tag
bulldog0758

Help with trying to rebuild my credit

Hi everyone,
New to all of this. I just recently decided that I need to try and fix the mistakes I made a few years back lol. I'm getting married in July and looking to buy a house in the near future after that so I need some help/advice from you guys. I have a Macy's store card that was a charge off and I paid but settled and now wish I would've asked for a pay to delete or something, I have quite a few lates on my capitol one cc, which I have been on time for the last year or so. And some lates on loans that I have already paid off. Should I call and ask these places or what should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Help with trying to rebuild my credit

I see no harm in writing Goodwill letters to them and asking them to remove the lates. A lot of people say cap 1 is hard to get goodwill adjustments from. Never hurts to try though. Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.
Message 2 of 10
mebell
Regular Contributor

I agree, there is no harm in doing this. Take a little bit of time and you might be surprised. Especially if these accounts have been current for quite some time and in good standing. Best of luck!

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
bulldog0758

Which do you think is more effective emailing or calling?
Thank you for your advice so far
Message 4 of 10
NewYxox
New Contributor

I am in the process of writing a ton of goodwills! Even though its not easy & a lot of companies just say they are required to report accurate information..its worth a try & also to keep trying & trying even after you get a no. I've tried asking over the phone for Cap1 and lady said no, I will write a letter to them as well as a bunch of others! Just don't give up & good luck!

FICO EQ score as of 2/20/14; 546
FICO TU score as of 2/28/14; 492
FICO EX score as of 2/28/14; 551
Goal: 650 across all 3 by 12/2014
Message 5 of 10
NewYxox
New Contributor

I've done both and even with sending an email, I got a return call and they ended up saying no! :/ That was with Bank of America. I would definitely still be persistent and keep trying though either way.

Message 6 of 10
bulldog0758

I've thought about asking cap1 to remove those lates in exchange for setting up automatic payments. I heard that works sometimes
Message 7 of 10
NewYxox
New Contributor

Hmm that would be good to try..I just got a new account with them,  the other one was charged off with multiple 30 day 60 and 90 day lates. I wonder if they would give me a chance if i stated i didnt want to repeat the same mistakes and to be 100% in the safe zone if they could set up automatic payments & delete those old ones on the old account. It sounds too good to be true but It's definitely worth a shot.

Message 8 of 10
bulldog0758

Well here is an update, I made my first try call to cap1 to a backdoor number that I found and asked if they could help me out with removing negatives and she explained to her supervisor and she got right off the phone and said cap1 was sending a dispute to the 3 major credit bureaus and asking for removal.
Message 9 of 10
bulldog0758

Right on I mean
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.