Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with wells fargo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with wells fargo

My last unpaid baddie is a 6 year old wf charge off. It only reports on my ex and tu. I want to get it removed by offering a pfd but i dont want the sol reset.
Any suggestion on how to handle it in the best way?
Im in no rush to apply for any new credit so i can just wait for it to fall off or ee in a few months.
But i dont want to burn wells fargo for the future
2 REPLIES 2
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Help with wells fargo

The only way to avoid "burning" wells fargo is to pay them the full balance.  (Although they might already consider themselves burned,)

No need to PFD if you are paying the full balance, and the negative information is set to fall off in a few months. asking for a PFD might just make Wells Fargo feel "burned".  (conjecture.)  Just pay and wait.

There is no "reset",  except for lawsuits.  Can't lawsuit if you pay the balance. (or come to a mutually agreed payment plan (which might make Wells Fargo burned even if they agree)).

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help with wells fargo

Offering a PFD does not, even in states that provide for reset of SOL based on a firm offer to pay, legally result in reset of the SOL.

If your PFD simply offers to pay in order to resolve the matter and does not admit to the legitimacy of the debt, there is no issue of a firm offer to pay an admittedly valid debt that has been held by the courts to reset the SOL for initiation of civil action.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.