cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help?!!!

tag
erinbfly

Help?!!!

Hello! I am new to this site and found it while searching online for answers. I need some major advice. My credit has been poor for as long as I can remember. While in college, I received five credit cards and let them all go to collections over the years. That was ten years ago and they have all fallen off my CR! Because of my poor judgment then, I have never been able to get any new cards. I just want to repair my credit. Here is a breakdown of what's on my CR. Total Mortgage Accounts: 0 Total Installment Accounts: 1 (on EQ) and 1 (on EX) Amounts: $2600 & $101 Total Revolving Accounts: 1 (on EQ) and 1 (on TU) Amounts: $293 on both (This is for a recent secured Capital One card I had for $200) Total Other Accounts: 5 Total Open Accounts: 2 (on EQ) and 6 (on TU) and 1 (on EX) Amounts: $2892 & $2556 & $101 Under my Potentially Negative Information, I have 12-14 negative accounts listed for each Credit Bureau. My student loans are 10+ of each of these negative items (one loan per semester). I have one more payment to make and then my student loans will be out of default. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix my credit?? I was going to file for bankruptcy, but I don't have any payments except the stupid Cash Call loan I took out and an old hospital bill for $600. Paying these things off will not fix my credit. My current score for the 3 bureaus ranges from 390-429. Smiley Sad Thanks for any help you can offer!!!
Starting Score: 525
Current Score: 593
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help?!!!

Welcome to the forums.

Can you post the accounts?  It would be easier to give advice.

Message 2 of 8
erinbfly

OMG! Thank you for replying!! Please see below and again thank you for your time! INSTALLMENT OPEN ACCOUNTS EQ - CashCall (Balance $2600 / Late 90 Days / Opened 12-2012) EX - RJM Acq -Literary Guild (Balance $89 / Collection / Opened 10-2010) INSTALLMENT CLOSED ACCOUNTS EX - CashCall (Balance $2600 / Late 90 Days / Opened 12-2012) ALL - JD Byrider -Auto Loan ($0 Balance / Paid As Agreed / Opened 7/2008) EX / EQ - US Dept of Education (Listed 7 times on both with varying amounts of $3K-$12K / Collection / Opened 9/97 - 8/00) TU - US Dept of Education (Listed 7 times with varying amounts of $3K-$26K / Collection / Opened 9/97 - 1/00) OPEN REVOLVING ACCOUNTS EX / EQ - Capital One (Balance $293 / Late 90 Days/ Opened 1/13) CLOSED REVOLVING ACCOUNTS ALL - Capital One ($0 Balance / Paid As Agreed / Opened 8/2010 & Closed 6/12 by my request) EQ & TU - First Bank of Delaware (CC) ($0 Balance / Collection / CO) TU - First Premier (CC) ($0 Balance / As Agreed / CO) OTHER ACCOUNTS / OPEN TU - Hospital Collection Bill (Balance $605 / Collection / Opened 7/2008) TU - Collection Bill (unsure who? Possible PDL) (Balance $819 / Collection / Opened 3/13) TU - Collection Bill (unsure who? Possible PDL) (Balance $448 / Collection / Opened 2/13) TU - Collection Bill (unsure who?) (Balance $83 / Collection / Opened 10/12) TU - Collection Bill (unsure who?) (Balance $300 Possible PDL / Collection / Opened 4/12) So my credit score is so low that its cyclical in that I cant get any credit to help me rebuild my credit because my credit score is so low. Make sense? I have been thknking about filiing for bankruptcy to help start over, but I am not sure if it is the right answer either. I just dont know who to get a real evaluation from. i tried my bank for a financial advisor but they couldnt help me. I met with a bankruptcy lawyer and he thought filing would help but I am just not sure I agree. Who knows? Maybe thats the best choice. I would just love for someone to look at my situation and advise what my next steps should be. Thanks again! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Ok.  Now go back and edit so we can read one account from the other lol.

Can you cut and paste it exactly as it shows on your credit report.  I am not being rude and want to help you, I just have to be able to see what I am dealing with.

Have you got your free reports from annualcreditreport.com yet?  You get one free from each CRA every 12 months.

Bankruptcy is a personal decision.  There are also different types of BK and you do have to qualify based on income and other things.  For me personally, I would need to be way in over my head and see no way out.

Keep in mind that student loans, unless you can prove would be a hardship to repay, cannot be included in a BK.

You are in a catch 22.  Can't get credit because you have no credit.

As soon as we can get your posting readable, we can give you advice.  I will tell you all is not lost.  There are definitely things you can do to improve your credit profile and thus your score.

It may be a long road but it can be done.  Just keep your head up and know we are here to help you.

Message 4 of 8
erinbfly

OMG! Thank you for replying!! Please see below and again thank you for your time!

INSTALLMENT OPEN ACCOUNTS
EQ - CashCall (Balance $2600 / Late 90 Days / Opened 12-2012)
EX - RJM Acq -Literary Guild (Balance $89 / Collection / Opened 10-2010)

INSTALLMENT CLOSED ACCOUNTS
EX - CashCall (Balance $2600 / Late 90 Days / Opened 12-2012)
ALL - JD Byrider -Auto Loan ($0 Balance / Paid As Agreed / Opened 7/2008)
EX / EQ - US Dept of Education (Listed 7 times on both with varying amounts of $3K-$12K / Collection / Opened 9/97 - 8/00)
TU - US Dept of Education (Listed 7 times with varying amounts of $3K-$26K / Collection / Opened 9/97 - 1/00)

OPEN REVOLVING ACCOUNTS
EX / EQ - Capital One (Balance $293 / Late 90 Days/ Opened 1/13)

CLOSED REVOLVING ACCOUNTS
ALL - Capital One ($0 Balance / Paid As Agreed / Opened 8/2010 & Closed 6/12 by my request)
EQ & TU - First Bank of Delaware (CC) ($0 Balance / Collection / CO)
TU - First Premier (CC) ($0 Balance / As Agreed / CO)

OTHER ACCOUNTS / OPEN
TU - Hospital Collection Bill (Balance $605 / Collection / Opened 7/2008)
TU - Collection Bill (unsure who? Possible PDL) (Balance $819 / Collection / Opened 3/13)
TU - Collection Bill (unsure who? Possible PDL) (Balance $448 / Collection / Opened 2/13)
TU - Collection Bill (unsure who?) (Balance $83 / Collection / Opened 10/12)
TU - Collection Bill (unsure who?) (Balance $300 Possible PDL / Collection / Opened 4/12)

Hopefully that is right now! I am not sure why the text keeps wrapping! No, I got my all three report from Equifax this morning.
With regard to BK, I just thought this would be the most benefiical because I need these things removed from my account. Its my understanding that paying things in collection does not help raise your score because it's already a scarlet letter. The only thing stopping me is that I was told that once my final payment is made to the US Dept of Education, my student loans would come out of "default" status. if that is the case, then will all the accounts listed become active and in good standing again? If so, my credit score would be hugely and favorably impacted. These are the things no one seems to know the answers to in. In the interim, I have recieved a summons to go to small claims court for Cash Call in august and I want to file before then as I do not want a judgement on my record! Smiley SurprisedA
Thanks again for your help!!

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Paying a collection will not help your score.  You can offer a pay for delete.  You pay, they delete.

Yes, rehabbing SL will remove the default status from your CR.  Unless they remove the lates on the accounts also, they will be pay agrees but still a negative because of the late payments.  Your chances are 50/50 they will remove those.

A summons for what?  What state are you in?  For how much?

I still suggest getting your reports from annualcreditreport.com.  Each one comes directly from the CRAs and are free every 12 months.  They will be the most detailed and accurate. 

Message 6 of 8
erinbfly

Hello! Thanks again for your help! Do you have any advice on who I can talk to "in real life" about my situation? I feel like I am damned. Smiley Sad

Does bankruptcy remove all of these negative items on your credit report once its been discharged? I feel like I have read so much information where people are still waiting for stuff to "fall-off" their reports.

The summons is for Cash Call. it's a small claims court and the amount is $2600. I live in California.  I know I can work out a payment plan with them; they call me all the time. I just cant decide if trying to rehab what is on my report will be more lucrative in the long run, then filing bankruptcy.

Thanks again! And sorry to keep bugging you! Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You aren't bugging me or anyone.  That's what we are here for.

In my honest from the heart opinion, I would not file bankruptcy unless it was an absolute last resort.

It depends on the BK you file.  It does not remove them from your CR.  They will show IIB with a 0 balance and the creditors cannot attempt any further collection activity.  The BK will stay for up to 10 years on your CR, depending on the type.  All of the accounts included in the BK will come off according to the original default date of that account.

If you can work out an arrangement with CashCall, do it now before the court date.  If you do they should not continue with the judgment.

There are things you can do to get your credit back to where you want it.  It may take time and perserverance.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.