cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help?

tag
jmoney1037

Help?

I am trying to rebuild my credit.  I dont have much at all on my credit report. 

I have:

Student loans - Just got current

Car loan - Current

Personal Loan - Current

Medical Bill - July 2013

Huntington Bank - Nov 2012

Sprint - March 2013

5/3 bank - Dec 2011

I am trying to find a way to bring up my score.  I am currently at a 510, and I play on paying off the medical bill next week.  I have tried for a couple credit cards but I cannot get approved.  I dont want to keep applying because of the inquiries to my credit report.  Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Help?

Have you thought about trying for a secured card? And see if some of those charge offa can be paid in exchange for deletion of the trade line. Most of those are pretty current and will be there for 7 years.
Message 2 of 6
jmoney1037

I have tried those but the $300 to start it is hard to coke by
Message 3 of 6
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

OK I see. I understand that. I'd say just pay what you have now and try do get rid of some of those collections before aiding new credit..the medical should be pretty easy to pay for delete. Send out some PFD letters for the other ones. Starting with the lowest balance then work your way to the biggest one. Those are so recent they're hurting your score bad.
Message 4 of 6
jmoney1037

I'm sorry I am so new to this. What's a pfd letter?
Message 5 of 6
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Its a pay for delete. Essentially you're asking the creditor to erase the bad history or entire trade line in exchange for you paying the debt. And welcome. There is a post here that tells all the abbreviations...just can't get it to copy here.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.