Help!

tag
missindependent
Contributor

Help!

Facts: 

Credit Score: 560

Credit Cards: 

Capital One Journey Card- Charged Off $464.00 (In 2013)

First Premier Bank (ughghhhh)-Good Standing, No Late Payments

I just found out that Capital One still owns my charged off account. I'm going to pay in full. From what I've read, it's nearly impossible to get a PFD.  

How do I raise my credit score and rebuild credit? Please give me a step by step by step break down. 

Many thanks!

AMEX PRG (NPSL), Citi Double Cash ($1200), BECU ($1000), Barney's ($1000), Bloomingdales Store Card ($1000), Neiman Marcus ($700), Macy's Store Card ($600), Amazon Rewards Visa Card, ($500), Capital One Platinum ($500), Capital One QuicksilverOne ($500)

Starting Score: 543
Current Score: EX:649 EQ: 657 TU:661
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Good luck to all of our myFICO Fitness Challengers!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help!

@missindependent wrote:

Facts: 

Credit Score: 560

Credit Cards: 

Capital One Journey Card- Charged Off $464.00 (In 2013)

First Premier Bank (ughghhhh)-Good Standing, No Late Payments

I just found out that Capital One still owns my charged off account. I'm going to pay in full. From what I've read, it's nearly impossible to get a PFD.  

How do I raise my credit score and rebuild credit? Please give me a step by step by step break down. 

Many thanks!

Get 2 more bankcards at minimum even if they have to be secured but not till after you have paid off Cap-1. You eventually will want 1 store card for mix of credit. Use the cards and keep your reported utilization of said cards low, you only want 1 reporting no more than 9% of its individual CL with the others reporting 0. As you build a positive history your score will rise.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.