Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help

Hey everyone. So I'm trying to get two things handle on my credit. One is approx $700 the other $600.

the first is and electric bill that was sent to collections and charged off. Second is AT&T  bill sent to collections

and charged off. I call both OC and CA for pay to delete and both stated they couldn't do. Only terms they said was 

a .$0 balance and paid in full. I asked for it in writing and all parties once again stated we can't do that. You

will receive a letter in the mail after the fact. What should I do?

Thanks for you help in advance

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Help

If you pay them in full, they are legally required to report it as a zero balance and paid in full. When that happens, you would get a letter stating the fact and your credit reports would reflect that fact.

Are you offering anything less than full payment?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just offering full payment as I was trying to get a PFD.

all parties stated they couldn't do that. The OC said the CA could only remove it and

the CA said the OC could only do that. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat here. I have 3 accounts that went to collections, all three are now paid off in full, but when I call the CA's the state that they cannot remove the accounts from my credit scores, that they can only report it as paid off. One representative even told me to contact the 3 major credit bureas to have them removed. Not sure what good that will do. I asked for a mailing address for a good will letter then they told me that wouldn't do any good. Not sure what to do next..

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's pretty much what I have been hearing. Exactly what I was told by the reps.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why I'm not making payment yet. Until I get a clear answer. Someone has to know something at one of those places. 

Message 6 of 8
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Could always pay and then do a Good Will attempt after the fact.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I might try that if I can't get PFD

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.