Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help...

So I asked for a GW from Sallie Mae in April. They marked the account as dispute/customer agrees. Im trying to get an idea of how soon before I can do a mortgage and the mortgage company asked to have the comments removed, so I did.

Before the Dispute comments were added: FAKO score: 590

During the Dispute comments being added: FAKO score: 610

Removed comments: FAKO score: 481

What happened? I've been searching the forums and some had similar problems but no one really said if the score will go back up. Did I screw myself asking for a GW and now have to start all over again? Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help...

@Anonymous wrote:

So I asked for a GW from Sallie Mae in April. They marked the account as dispute/customer agrees. Im trying to get an idea of how soon before I can do a mortgage and the mortgage company asked to have the comments removed, so I did.

Before the Dispute comments were added: FAKO score: 590

During the Dispute comments being added: FAKO score: 610

Removed comments: FAKO score: 481

What happened? I've been searching the forums and some had similar problems but no one really said if the score will go back up. Did I screw myself asking for a GW and now have to start all over again? Smiley Sad

First off you cannot equate a FAKO score to a Fico. The mortgage industry still uses Fico 04. When in dispute certain aspects of the TL are removed from Fico scoring and when such comments are removed the whole TL is once again scorable. You dont say if this was a CO account. If a COed account stops updating and then is put in dispute status and updated the status date comes current and Fico sees it as a new CO occurence. Sometimes GW letters can be interpreted as a dispute. I would not put any faith in the FAKO score and would be trying to obtain your true Fico to see where you stand.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its my student loans. They are current and have never been in collections. They were late for 10 days in Nov and Navient reported it 120 days late so i asked for a GW and they took it as a dispute. So i had to have the comments removed.

Im stressing after I saw that from the FAKO but i just need to chill till I get My Fico tomorrow and then can figure out where im really at
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i filed bankruptcy back in 2012 and im

showing a judgement against me still on my credit report with a balance of $8k+ but it was part of the bankruptcy. Is that right or is that hurting my score too?

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

showing a judgement against me still on my credit report with a balance of $8k+ but it was part of the bankruptcy. Is that right or is that hurting my score too?

A judgment is a PR so is a BK the BK is the bigger one overshadowing at this point. I would file a motion to vacate that judgment in the court that granted it on grounds that it was IIB. Once its vacated then it can be removed from your CRs.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A judgment is a PR so is a BK the BK is the bigger one overshadowing at this point. I would file a motion to vacate that judgment in the court that granted it on grounds that it was IIB. Once its vacated then it can be removed from your CRs.

Can you point me in the direction how to do that? And will it help my credit score to have that vacated?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.