Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!

Hi, 

I'm new here and I am hoping someone could give me some advice.  I pulled my credit reports and my Equifax is reporting my target credit card account twice.  Due to the target credit breach the company closed the 1st card.  I was then re-issued a new one with a chip.  Experian and Transunion reports show the old card as closed.  But Equifax is still showing paid as agreed.  The problem is that i had 4 late payments back in 2014 and 2015 on the card but based on Equifax reporting it shows that I have 8 late payments.  What can I do?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!

Does the new/ replacement card show those late payments you're speaking of (on TU and Experian report)?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they show up on my transunion and experian 

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Typically they will remove the closed account if it was issued to do lost/stolen just call them and ask them to do it.

Message 4 of 7
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

hope they fix it for you my wife is bad about loseing our Wal mart card i have like 5 closed accounts from them  because of it being lost  are they hurting my score

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response.  I will give them a call.

Message 6 of 7
jaimeylynn
Established Member

Hi, just wondering if you ever got this resolved?  I am having the same exact problem with my transunion credit report showing the target account twice as if it was 2 seperate accounts rather than simply a change THEY made to my card/acct # .  I had only 2 (consecutive) late payments on the acct since it was opened in 2014... one in Dec 15' and Jan 16' but because of the way its reporting my transunion report indicates a total of 4 late payments as if I had 2 on the old card and 2 on a different card/acct. Ive disputed it more than once, with both tdbank and with transunion but they keep replying that they have determined the information being reported is accurate. Its reporting correctly on my EQ and EX, as just one acct, but is causing a significant difference in my TU score vs my EX and EQ (I assume this is whats causing the TU to be so much lower since everything else on my accts match)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.