Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful hints

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful hints

I am in the process of trying to fix my credit. I need to fix it fast and time is moving by so slow. I got a secured credit card about 2 months ago and have made payments so far. I also paid off 2 credit cards that I had had a long time ago and also cell phone sevice with cingular. The cingular thing was bs charge. I go service with them and then the next day cancelled. They kept billing me and then I went up there to talk with them they were suppose to forget about it. Oh well thats paid. I do have a couple small other things. I need to get my score up quick. I need to get myself a new vehicle because my current one is on its way out. I make good money that I can have a really nice car. But another problem of mine is that I can not save money to save my life. So I need to be able to get a vehicle with good enough credit to not have to put a down payment. Any suggestions or can someone tell me what words to search so that way I am not another person asking something that has been asked to death already. Thanks for the help
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Helpful hints

Have you ordered the annual copies of your credit reports from each bureau?  Do NOT use freecreditreport.com, when you get your initial copies, order them in hard copy directly from the credit bureaus rather than online, as the online version often doesn't match what's in the "real deal" (not sure how this works but that's the way it is)

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I already did freecreditreport.com I had my eye on a truck and I went to my credit union and they told me what I needed to clear u before they could give me a loan but they wouldn't give me copy. They let me know what website to go to. I belive it was True credit report. That one is very helpful. I found out a whole lot I didn't know. So i used it to get started. Yeah I have decided to stop hiding also. It sucks when you live in a credit world and you can get the things you want. I am standing up and trying to take care of whats left but I just need my score much higher. Last time I checked it was a 590
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When was the last time you pulled reports?  Have you pulled scores from this site?

I'm not sure whether you can still pull free reports directly from the CRAs once you've gotten them from freecreditreport, but I'd encourage you to pull those three directly from the CRAs, even if it costs you to do it.

Also, I STRONGLY suggest you VERY CAREFULLY watch whatever card you gave to freecreditreport when you called, as my understanding is they're notorious for coming back & charging it later without authorization.  In fact, it may be in your best interest to request a replacement card for that account (ESPECIALLY if it's your bank debit card!)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.