Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping Dad Bring Up Credit Score

tag
BSBRose21
Contributor

Helping Dad Bring Up Credit Score

Hi! I am helping my Dad rebuild his credit. He has not paid attention to his credit for a very long time and unfortunately has 9 collections that he never paid. He barely remembers to check his mail. They are all small amounts so he can pay them off quickly but I'd like some on advice on the best ways to do this. Let me know if you have experience or suggestions with any of these collection agencies. Most are medical collections. Do you think pay for delete letters might work? If not, should he pay them off now? Most were reported in 2012, with two new in March 2014.

Tri-State Adjustments

State Collection Service

Key Financial Services

First Premier Bank

Midland Funding

ATT Mobility

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Helping Dad Bring Up Credit Score

@BSBRose21 wrote:

Hi! I am helping my Dad rebuild his credit. He has not paid attention to his credit for a very long time and unfortunately has 9 collections that he never paid. He barely remembers to check his mail. They are all small amounts so he can pay them off quickly but I'd like some on advice on the best ways to do this. Let me know if you have experience or suggestions with any of these collection agencies. Most are medical collections. Do you think pay for delete letters might work? If not, should he pay them off now? Most were reported in 2012, with two new in March 2014.

Tri-State Adjustments

State Collection Service

Key Financial Services

First Premier Bank

Midland Funding

ATT Mobility

Use HIPAA Process for medical debts you can Google it and contact its creator it cant be discussed on this board. If the OCs you have listed (FP & ATT) are still reporting a balance they still own the debt, you can attempt PFDs, FP most likely not budge the other may but its not guaranteed either. These are still in all states SOL so dont mess with them unless you have the full amount to pay otherwise a lawsuit may be commenced.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.