Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping a Friend Rebuild - CS

tag
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Helping a Friend Rebuild - CS

Hi All,

So I have a close male friend who paid off his last child support payment. He did this in 2012. He isn't on child support now. He only had to pay back what his child's mother received from the state. She got off public assistance and they made an arrangement. Anyhow. He showed me all 3 of his reports. Now, EQ removed child support collections, TU still reports but says its in collections and doesn't update monthly. Experian continues to report its late each month despite it saying collections and date of last payment is in 2012. He's already sent a letter to the CS office regarding the final payment. They are looking for it. Problem is they claim they didn't receive it in the state he lives and are now checking with the state the CS case was originally filed in. He has proof and has shown me and sent to them. So now he waits. I guess my question is there anything he can do with Experian? I wasn't sure if them reporting each month as late is OK? It's not like they gave 30, 60, etc. each date it just shows late as of this month. It doesn't show him late last month. Just the current month. Hard for me to explain. But I believe he's being dinged by Experian. The information is accurate insofar as the account but he has paid. Should he send the proof of payment to Experian or does he just have to wait until Both states work out the issue? Thanks for any advice.

Sorry for why typos on an iPhone.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Helping a Friend Rebuild - CS

So just a mini update in case someone else can find this thread helpful. I had my friend call Experian this morning and they opened a dispute for him as to the paid part and the date of last payment was missing. The guy said that he needs to allow 30 days but he said they were helpful in explaining how the account should report, etc. He also faxed them his proof of payment and letter he sent to both states. Hopefully this will at least get the account listed accurately.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.