cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping mom with Credit report and 30 days Lates??

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Helping mom with Credit report and 30 days Lates??

Just recieved my moms TU Free annual credit report. She has a 30 days late on her report from her home depot card. Its from 11/2007.. the rest of her Homedepot card report is good. It  seems on the TU report it is 3 blocks left till falling off. I should just not bother doing anything to fix that 30day late since it will fall off in 3or4 months anyway??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Helping mom with Credit report and 30 days Lates??

Leave it be. It's not doing anything to her.

Message 2 of 4
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

Doesn't the very fact that the account isn't showing as "in good standing" have an effect? I have two cards (of three) with one 30-day late on each dating back to 2007 and 2008 - but perfect otherwise - and my "Pays accounts on time" rating shows as F. I asked to get the 2007 late removed a few weeks early since it's due to come off in September, but I got the usual "We're required to report accurately" spiel.  I'm hoping to see a bump in the next month when that ages off.

Message 3 of 4
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

That is the exact thing. Even if the score negitive is 0 the sysytem and a underwriter eyes could still be not good I think. When she got a score from NFCU and reasons why they listed reasons why and it sounds like the 30 day late.When she got her free annual report it is listed as a "unsatisfactory" account seperate from her other accounts even though it is in current good standing and open. THat just makes a negitive pop even if the score negative is 0 or minimal.

My mom also has a 30day late from  10/2009 at lane bryant that wont fall off for 2 years and a month. I think I will they to make that one go away and let the homedepot auto fix itself in a few months.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.