Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping to fix someone's credit - mail help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helping to fix someone's credit - mail help

I would like to help someone fix their credit. He's asking me for help because he doesn't have the time. I know that if I help by sending dv letters, etc. that they will send responses to his home. Can I get CA AND Bureaus to send responses or copy them to my home. Will this cause them to call and write me to collect? Will they change the address on the report to my address. It would be so much easier if I didn't have to rely on him sending me responses.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: Helping to fix someone's credit - mail help

As much of a pain as it's going to be I think it would be better to have them go to his house.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 2 of 17
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

I am in the same spot of wanting to help a friend. She has 6 judgements, 62 open collectons, 4 civil judgements.

I have agreeded to help her but I am makeing her take accountablity and I will help her but just as I messed up my credit and have to fix it, she has to be willing to help fix hers. I will not do it all for her. She will learn nothing by me doing it all and fixing it for her.

Let the letters go to his house, have him read them and understand what you are doing. He wont learn if you do it all for him. The only thing he will learn is he can mess it up and some one will help bail him out and he can just be to busy to fix his own mess. Just my opion, not intended to offend.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ktl72455 wrote:

I am in the same spot of wanting to help a friend. She has 6 judgements, 62 open collectons, 4 civil judgements.

I have agreeded to help her but I am makeing her take accountablity and I will help her but just as I messed up my credit and have to fix it, she has to be willing to help fix hers. I will not do it all for her. She will learn nothing by me doing it all and fixing it for her.

Let the letters go to his house, have him read them and understand what you are doing. He wont learn if you do it all for him. The only thing he will learn is he can mess it up and some one will help bail him out and he can just be to busy to fix his own mess. Just my opion, not intended to offend.

+1

@ktl72455 wrote:

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the comments and agree with the sentiment. I just dont want to be doing this for months and months while I'm waiting for him and hoping his wife or kid doesn't toss it as junk mail.
Message 5 of 17
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

I am a wife. If a friend was  willing to help US out, which by helping him, you are helping the wife as well. Why not tell the wife what you are trying to do? If my husbands friend told me, I would make sure he/she got everything mail wise that came to the house. If the husband isnt willing to help at least make sure you get the mail and the wife wont help either... they dont deserve your help.  You can lead a horse to water but you cant force it to drink.

From MI.

Myfico 8 scores
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wife is part of the problem.
Message 7 of 17
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

So husbands wants you to help fix his credit that him AND his wife messed up but is to busy to help fix it.

There are so many on this board looking and asking for help and willing to take advice and pointers for help to FIX their own credit mistakes or help a parent out. Help guide people here with your knowledge. We will glady take it! We want our credit fixed and are willing to help make it happen, not leave it up to some one else to let me know when I have good credit again.

The best help you can give him is make him help and not do it all for him.  If he is to busy to HELP .. then he dont want his credit fixed bad enough. Those of us on here asking for help and guidence want the help.

I dont mean to come off mean and nasty, so please dont take it that way. I would love to be able to dump all my crap in some ones lap and say FIX IT for me, dont ask me to help I am to busy and let me know when my score is good enough for a car loan or house loan. And ohh by the way, since I didnt learn anything, I will be messing up again so stick around to keep fixing it for me cuz I want good credit, just to busy to help.

From MI.

Myfico 8 scores
UTL 17%
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a seperation type of situation here and the guy's a good guy, but most of the baddies are due to her mismanagement and his ignorance. He doesn't have any of the knowledge about thus stuff that I do and i offwrws to help. Problem is that he is not getting all his mail because they throw out what they think is junk and what they think is junk is sometimes not junk. They don't care enough to go out off their way and I'm trying to give him a bit of a head start into a better situation. I didn't want to go into this much detail, just want to help a good guy who's gotten dumped on for a while.
Message 9 of 17
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Have him set up a PO box and do a change of address at the post office.

Make sure his PO box adress is on all information.

From MI.

Myfico 8 scores
UTL 17%
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.