Valued Member
naf

Hemp on a question

After a long, hard struggle I painfully pulled score up to 818. Now, because of somethingstupid on my part, it's dropped to 700. I'mnorth sure what happened, but I don't recallreceiving a bill and because of it Imissed a payment- the first in many, many years. Is 700 an iffstoa ore and is there ANYTHING I can do to rectify this?

guiness56

Re: Hemp on a question

One single 30 day late will impact your score severely when it first hits but you will recover quickly with on time payments.  The lates impact will fade over the next 2 years.

The higher your score the harder the fall when something like this happens.

You could send a GW letter, explaining your circumstances and ask for the furnisher to remove it.

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

How late was your payment?  You have a window of 30 days after the billing due date to pay without it becoming a reportable 30-late.

Being late is not, in and of itself, a reportable late.

I would also check out the billing rights provisions of the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA). 

If you had no billing statement, unless your account agreement requires payment absent a billing statement, you may have cause to contest a delinquency under the FCBA dispute process.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

OP, pull all 3 reports to see what happened.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+