cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here Goes Nothin (GW Letters/PFD letters)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Here Goes Nothin (GW Letters/PFD letters)

Martypav7 did you start calling after paying off balances?

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

could you pm me the email addresses for PRA? did you use that gw letter template?

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's on the very first page where I mailed out my GW letters.

Portfolio Recovery Associates
Riverside Commerce Center
120 Corporate Blvd Ste 100
Norefolk, VA 23502-4962

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

A heads up about PRA - They are EXTREMELY Difficult to get to delete. I had been wokring on them for 3-4 months before I finally got them to crack. I cried, I yelled, I apologized and cried some more. Phones calls after phones calls after letters after letters after E-mails after E-mails and back to Phone calls. 

Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you attempt a PFD before the GW letters? I'm willing to pay the amount in full but not if I can settle & still get it deleted.

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you attempt a PFD before the GW letters? I'm willing to pay the amount in full but not if I can settle & still get it deleted.

I did not. I paid this over a period of 2 years before I ever found myFICO. They had been paid for 8 months already when I found myFICO. CA's don't like to do PFD's but I suppose if you pester them enough they might!

Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi slyvixen508, 

Usually, if I get a denial, I resend the request immediately, and yes, it is a good idea to change it up. It shows that you are persistent. The hope that is someone, someday, will say yes. If you get no response, I would advise sending a letter 30 days later. I still have yet to recieve a yes, but there ARE success stories out there. Also, many times, it takes more than one or two attempts to have your request granted...patience is key!!! :-)

Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You should attach that picture of Pus in Boots to every letter you send at the bottom. Guaranteed you will at least make some collections rep smile.

I did this LOL it didn't work. Sent it to fingerhut. Ill find my credit one email it was funny and actually worked

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the final update from Target? Did you call? I have an old account from 2012 that is still showing up in my Revolving Credit. I didn't know if it was best to call and settle or pay the amount in full. I had a $200 credit limit, but with the added fees, it's now $432.

Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What was the final update from Target? Did you call? I have an old account from 2012 that is still showing up in my Revolving Credit. I didn't know if it was best to call and settle or pay the amount in full. I had a $200 credit limit, but with the added fees, it's now $432.

Target sold my accoun to a creditor so I wrong a GW Letter to Target to ask them to remove the tradeline since it was no longer active. A month later I got a later saying they were going to remove it.  Target was an easy one.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.