cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is my credit dillema. Full report included. Help me get back on my feet.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my credit dillema. Full report included. Help me get back on my feet.

Hey guys, I'm gonna copy and paste the following and post it in mulitiple sections throughout this board for more exposure, so if you happen to be reading this again I promise I am not spamming.  

I have a few goals, but intentions too.

My goal is to have purchasing power, to take advantage of promotional offers with stores, and a home for my family. I intend on addressing each debt, but I'd like to see the difference between settling and paying in full looks to the lendor/bank.  Also, I would enjoy hearing ANY tips on how to cut corners. For example, if I can settle can I settle to delete? Would a secured credit card be any good or should I Just focus on the debt for now.

I did hear about being added to a family memebers credit line as an additional user, any info on that?  here is my report and what I'm looking at. I work part time and go to schoo full time to be a nurse.

Total income needed to keep bills paid is 1100. I'm willing to pay up to $250 a month towards debts.

Centrcredserv

med1 02 emcare rti level 4

$249

7/10/14 opened

1/10/15 reported

Sarma collections

08 kleberg national bank

$341

/6/05/2012

1/2/2015

commonwealth fin s

med1 sparkling sea emergnecy physc

$364

10/7/2014

11/8/2014

phnx finan

med1 02 sparkling sea emergency phsyc

$654

09/25/2014

12/03/2014

porfessional debt mediation

09 candlewood

$1188

04/25/2014

1/12/2015

portfolio recovery

$801 capital one bank usa

08/15/2014

01/08/2015

GE Capital retail bank

$1,168

11/20/2012

01/08/2015

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Here is my credit dillema. Full report included. Help me get back on my feet.

The distinction between settling for less and paying in full is usually very significant in any review of a consumer's credit report.

Settling for less means the creditor took a loss in dealing with the consumer.

If the consumer pursues a pattern of seeking settlement of their debts, then dealing with that consumer has an increased risk of loss. 

Creditors are in the business of making money, not lending and taking a loss via settlements.

Paying a delinquent account in full means the consumer ultimately paid the debt they incurred. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.