cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is my plan what do you think? Questions...

tag
LShan82
Regular Contributor

Here is my plan what do you think? Questions...

ere is my credit history from all three lenders.  I want to work on my credit, obtain a credit card, and then just maintain my credit from here on out.  I spent the last two years, gardening and was able to get an auto loan at 0% just last week.  Now I want to take care of everything else. Yes that was backwards I know.  LOL 

I was thinking of sending GW letters for my account that show late payments. But I have a few concerns.

1. Why is LBryant listed soo many times. There is one account listed 3 times on Experian.  How do I get this corrected?  I believe I only had two LB accounts, and the one was closed, but it shouldn’t be listed so many times.
  2. How do I get HSBC removed and how do I figure out what it was.  Same with Lord & Taylor this should be removed.
  3. Why is my old car loan still listed?  I paid that off in 2002.
  4. Should I wait to apply for credit cards?  IF not which ones?  I was thinking maybe Pen Fed since I just got an account from them, but they just denied me for an auto loan.  I do want my own discover, American Express, or Visa card with rewards.
  5. I should probably stay away from apply for a Discover Card if the judgement is listed?  Do Judgments fall off in IL after 7 years?  I’m really not sure how to handle these.
  6. While researching the judgments I found that the information on the CR is incorrect. It has the wrong account information, and the date filed is incorrect.  ODiscover it should be 2005 not 2006 and Davis should be 2007 not 2008.  Who do I talk to about that?
  7. For the two in collections, I’d like to offer a pay for delete…  Good Idea?
  8. For the lates, I was thinking of sending Good will Letter, is that a good idea?  If that doesn’t work, do I just need to wait for them to fall off.
    other than that, that’s all the ideas I have, am I missing anything?
  9. Oh and lastly, I’m an authorized user on the Citi and Discover account.

Transunion 683 Lender pulled 681

Credit history 15 years

Accounts 9

Accounts with balances 2

Accounts opened in past year 0

Recent inquiries 1

Collections 2

Public records 2

Bloomingdales Dept opened 2/2011 paid as agreed  limit $100 30 days late 4/11

Comentiy Bank/Lnbryant opened 12/10 paid as agreed limit $300

Discover 1/2012  bal 2156 paid as agreed

Universal 1/2013 bal $1897 paid as agreed

Lane Bryant Retail/Soa 6/2002 paid as agreed limit $100 30 days late 9/09 6/09 60 days 10/09 DOLA 1/10

School loan- paid as agreed-transferred to another account (probably fed loan)

BMO Harris bank opened 9/1997 $0 balance paid as agreed (auto loan) no lates

Comenity Bank/LnBryant Lmit #300.00 paid as agreed DOLA 2/13

Inquiry

5/13 Credit union

Collections

Merchants CR balance $257 date assigned  3/11

Merchants CR balance $795 date assigned 3/11

Public Records

Civil Judgments

Discover amt $1929 date filed and reported 7/2006

Davis amt $1467 date filed/reported 1/08

Experian  652

Credit history 18 years.

Revolving accounts $4234

Mortg None
installment loans $1052

Accounts 16

Balances 4

Opened in past year 0

Recent inquiries 0

Collections 0

Public records 1

Comenity/Bnbryant opened 6/02 account transferred to another office

HSBC/RS date opened 3/2001 good standing limit $530 transferred to another lender (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS) DOLA 7/05

Comenity/Lnbryant date opened 6/02 current account was delinquent 60 days past due 11/09 30 7/09 and 10/09

Comenity/Lnbryant SOA date opened 6/02 current account was delinquent 60 days past due 11/09 30 7/09 and 10/09

Lord&Taylor DOLA 9/27 closed by consumer  acct paid satisfactorily DOLA 9/07

BLmsdsnb  limit $100 30 days late once but it does not provide date.

Comenity/Lnbryant limit $300 date opened 12/10 good standing

Discover 1/2002 balance $2337 good standing

Citi 1/2003 balance $1897 good standing

ED Loans say transferred to another office.  (fed loans)

Merchants 3/11 date opened  $795  serious delinquency

Merchants 3/11 date opened $257 serious delinquency

BMO Harris date opened 9/97 account paid satisfactorily (1st auto loan)

Collections 0

Inquiries 0

Public Records

Davis date filed 1/08 $1467

Equifax 701 18 years No accounts past due $ accounts with negative indicators.

Accounts 11 2 with a balance 0 opened in last year 2 inquiries 0 collections 0 inquiries

Bloom date opened 2/11 balanc 0 pays as agreed 30 days 4/11 limit $100

CB/Lnbryant date opened 6/2012 DOLA 1/10pays as agreed closed by credit grantor 30 11/09 8/09 6012/09

CB/Lnbryant date opened 12/10 balance $0 pays as agreed limit $300

Citi date opened 1/03 bal $1897 pay as agreed

Discover date opened 1/2002  balance $2156 pays as agreed

Lanebryant opened 6/02 bal $0 pays as agreed  30 days 9/09 6/09 60 days 10/09

Us dep Ed pays as agreed

BMO Harris 9/97 $0 pays as agreed  no lates paid off (auto loan )

Inquiries

2 credit unions5/13 4/13

Collections 0

Public records 0

Current Scores 11/2016:Equifax 8: 688 TransU 8: 675 Xperian 8: 674 Cards: Penfed Promise Visa Barclay Reward MasterCard American Express Blue Cash Rewards Nordstrom
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Here is my plan what do you think? Questions...

1 - Just guessing, but it looks like LB sold the account and/or had Comenity service it at a later date. If that's the case then two of the same account can report at the same time. One would stop updating when Comenity took over. Definitely look it over and look at the dates. When the takeover bank reports, they can report with the prior payment history.

2 - HSBC/RS is the retail division of HSBC (pre-CapOne takeover). This could be a store card of some kind. It doesn't look negative. Is there anything wrong with it? It might be helping you. Same with Lord & Taylor.

3 - No, the auto loan shouldn't be reporting, but you certainly wouldn't want it deleted! I wish my closed accounts would report beyond 10 yrs.

4 - IMO, you wouldn't benefit credit or score-wise by adding another CC. You already have a great mix. I would focus on repair now and consider a CC for the future to be less reliant on AUs. Repair then rebuild.

5 - Judgments drop 7 yrs from the judgment date. Some in here had success in removing them by paying the plaintiff and then asking their attorney to ask the court to vacate the judgment.

6 - Do you have court docs showing the correct dates of when the judgment was handed down? If not, contact the court. If so, and if it is misreporting, then you can always dispute with those court docs.

7 - IMO, send a DV to the CA and get a response before offering a PFD.

8 - I'd send GWs to any TL that lists a late. If an OC, I'd weigh the age if closed. It's not uncommon to send a GW to a closed TL for a late and wind up with a deletion of the entire TL instead.

9 - AUs are OK. Just don't rely on them and after repair take steps to replace them with accts of your own (but don't remove yourself unless you absolutely have to).

Message 2 of 4
LShan82
Regular Contributor

Thank you LLECS! 

1. That makes sense.  I will look at the dates.  If it is reporting too many times, do I complain to credit bureau? 
2. I guess I figured since they were old and one was a closed account, they'd count against me. 

3. Same as 2, thought that it would be a negative. I won't complain then. :-) 

4. ~pouting~ but I want my own credit card.  Ok I'll wait. 

5./6  I do have the court docs that show that the documentation on the credit report is incorrect.  That is why I initally could not find them.  Do I send them certified mail as well? Or can I dispute online? 

7.  Ok cool.  I read somewhere on here you should send DV's to the bureaus 4 business days apart, is that correct? 

8.  Ok cool TY! 

Current Scores 11/2016:Equifax 8: 688 TransU 8: 675 Xperian 8: 674 Cards: Penfed Promise Visa Barclay Reward MasterCard American Express Blue Cash Rewards Nordstrom
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

5/6  Anything you send to the CRAs I would send CMRRR just to be sure they got it.  Don't dispute at all unless it is absolutely necessary.

7.  You do not send DVs to the CRAs.  Those are only for 3rd party collection agencies.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.