Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's a fun one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a fun one

So my credit is looking pretty these days (thanks MyFico Friends). My husband's credit I am working hard to make look beautiful as well. He holds our foreclosure from just over 3 years ago (I did not have it on my credit). He also holds our ONE major credit card fail, everything prior to those two had zero lates, and all are closed. It's a Target Visa and the debt is now held by Midland (Oy, Midland!). So, since I have added him to all of my accounts as a AU. What would happen if I applied for a Target Visa (assuming, of course, that I am approved....) and I added him as an AU. Would that be weird? Would that be POSSIBLE? I wonder what that would look like for his credit report? Maybe I have been hanging around these boards a little too much lately. Haha.

In other news, just yesterday we got a letter from Midland saying "GOOD NEWS! You've been Aproved for a 70% discount on your debt! Pay us just $xx on your debt for xx months". Like this was an amazing offer they were being so kind to extend to us. It's well past SOL for this account, and almost 5 years since the original DofD. Still getting the courage up to figure out how to send a GW to Target and tell Midland I will pay them a little to PFD. I recognize that we did a very bad thing and just COULD NOT pay the debt when Target held it- we lost everything at that point! I have guilt over just not affording it and I don't get why they would ever grant us forgiveness on the debt in the form of removing from our credit report. Midland... I know they have a few more years of trying to tank his score and won't PFD even if I take their deal.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Here's a fun one

@Anonymous wrote:

So my credit is looking pretty these days (thanks MyFico Friends). My husband's credit I am working hard to make look beautiful as well. He holds our foreclosure from just over 3 years ago (I did not have it on my credit). He also holds our ONE major credit card fail, everything prior to those two had zero lates, and all are closed. It's a Target Visa and the debt is now held by Midland (Oy, Midland!). So, since I have added him to all of my accounts as a AU. What would happen if I applied for a Target Visa (assuming, of course, that I am approved....) and I added him as an AU. Would that be weird? Would that be POSSIBLE? I wonder what that would look like for his credit report? Maybe I have been hanging around these boards a little too much lately. Haha.

In other news, just yesterday we got a letter from Midland saying "GOOD NEWS! You've been Aproved for a 70% discount on your debt! Pay us just $xx on your debt for xx months". Like this was an amazing offer they were being so kind to extend to us. It's well past SOL for this account, and almost 5 years since the original DofD. Still getting the courage up to figure out how to send a GW to Target and tell Midland I will pay them a little to PFD. I recognize that we did a very bad thing and just COULD NOT pay the debt when Target held it- we lost everything at that point! I have guilt over just not affording it and I don't get why they would ever grant us forgiveness on the debt in the form of removing from our credit report. Midland... I know they have a few more years of trying to tank his score and won't PFD even if I take their deal.

Adding him as an AU on the Target would be like the rest of the AU accounts, he isnt responsible you are so there should be no problem in doing so, only AMEX disallows AU if you have burned them previously as a primary cardholder. If the debt is past SOL for suing I would not offer them more than 20-30%, once it goes past CRTP even less, good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Does Midland only have assigned collection authority and Target still owns the debt, or did Midland purchse the debt?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midland owns the debt. Target stopped reporting back in '13.
What is CRTP?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"You've been Aproved for a 70% discount on your debt! Pay us just $xx on your debt for xx months".

LOL - give them a counter offer of 80% discount to delete this TIME BARRED DEBT, or they can sit down and shut up and collect NOTHING.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehe! Yeah, I am working on it. Midland doesn't PFD from what I have read. BUT! I am working on a list of avenues to get this settled.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, they will do it - when they get the proper motivation, and someone with a brain bigger than a pea there realizes its in their best interest to do so. They just don't like it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha! Well, wish me luck. This monster is the only thing bad on the report. I am also going to attempt to goodwill target, but digging for the right way to say / do and where to send is taking me forever. This was an honest to goodness "we lost EVERYTHING" story and rebuilt from $3 in the checking account up. We had this ONE credit card back then because I liked the 5% cash discount and shopped there often. Target reduced our limit the second we missed a mortgage payment. I still shop there and have probably purchased 10X the amount from them since then. I just don't know how to beg for forgiveness or WHO to write to.... still digging on the boards! I wish I had found these boards back when the previous CA held our debt. THOSE jerks called me SIX times the day my youngest son was born- I explained I had given birth that day and they continued to call looking for my husband. I wasn't even an AU on the account. They harrassed us to death. THey would call my husband, then call me, then call my husband multiple times a day. Too bad I didn't know I could make them go away very easily.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.