cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's my current situation --- Please help me raise my FICO 04 score!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my current situation --- Please help me raise my FICO 04 score!!!!

Can someone offer some advice on my situation?  I am trying to raise my credit score to at least 620-640 in order to approve for a home loan.  I know that improving credit takes time but I am looking to increase the scores asap. I had an apartment fire back in March and have been living with my parents since the fire so that I can improve my credit and prepare myself to purchase a home.  Anyhow, I am 30+ years old and havent lived with my parents since i left for college at 18.   Im getting super anxious and would like to be in the process of getting a home by January 2015.  Is this possible????

Here is my current situation:

Collection Accounts:

Ive had 4 collection accounts paid and removed  already.  The remaining accounts are as follows:

Enhanced Recovery (ATT) - 154.00 (Recently Validated & appears to have been removed)

Williams & Fudge (Strayer Univ) - 776.00 (Sent 3 PFD and no response)

Midland Funding (Aspire) - 346.00 (sent letter regarding Aspire/Columbus Bank & Trust litigation - no response yet, planning to file complaint with BBB and FTC if I do not hear back from them soon-- also may need to pull an updated report to see if it has been rem'oved)

Credit Management (Comcast) - 0 Balance (Sent letter requesting deletion - no response yet)

Scana Energy - 0 Balance reflecting Paid Charge Off (Sent GW letters - no responses)

Revolving Accounts (all opened in btw Jun 2014-Oct 2014:

First Premier $350 CL (115.00 Balance) Will be reporting at 0 on 10/25/14

Capitol One $300 CL (34.00 Balance) Will be reporting at 0 on 10/23/14

Fingerhut $500 CL (0 Balance)

VS $250 CL (0 Balance)

One Stop Plus $250 CL (0 Balance) - Did not realize that this was a pluz size retail account lolol.  I want to close it but Im afraid that it my have a neg impact on my credit score...

Installment Accounts

Nelnet and Suntrust Student Loans totaling about  $65,000

Neltnet ( 2 of 4 accounts reporting one 90day late)

Accounts are current and in good standing

Currently in deferrment until Jan 2015

Sent GWs and they wont budge

Wells Fargo Dealer Services - High Limit 23,000, Current Balance $2400, Will be paid by January

(1) 30 day late in 3/2014 and (15) 30 day lates from 2012-2013 

Sent several GW Letters and they wont budge.

Closed Accounts

Citibank Student Loans  - sold/transferred but showing 120+ days late 2011

Sallie Mae Stdent Loans - sold/transferred but showing 120+ days late 2011

US Dept of Ed Student Loans - sold/transferred but showing 120+ days late 2011

Sent GWs to all and they wont budge

Have about 10 closed accounts with good payment history dating back to 2003

Inquiries

8 inquiries between 2013-2014

This about sums it up.

The Equifax.com FICO 04 score is the only one that I care about.  As I understand it, this is the score that mortgage lenders use.  The score is currently at 582, up about 60 points since early October!!!! 

Im starting to feel like im running out of options for increasing my scores.  Can anyone pleeeeease lend any advice on additional ways to improve the scores and in what order the remaining collection accounts should be paid off.  Also, any insight as to whether theres a possiblitly that I could be a possible candidate for mortgage loan approval by January.   Any advice or experience would be greatful and very very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

-firsttimehomebuyer2015

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Here's my current situation --- Please help me raise my FICO 04 score!!!!

Those 90 day lates will hold you back for almost the entire 7 years. 

Let One CC report at 9%

No more inquiries!

Keep sending letters for a GW deletion on the collections.

Your BEST bet is to ask over on the Mortgage Forum.  The two Guru's there are a wealth of information.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!  Will do!! Thanks so much!!

Message 3 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

ERC will delete. So will Credit Management. Williams and Fudge will also do PFD, just call them since they're not responding.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do! Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
ABD
Established Member

Carrington Mortgage told me they approve FHA home loans at a 550 CS with at least 10% down, and 3.5% down on a 580 CS at 4.25% interest.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.  Thank you for this information!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.